Best 3mm wetsuit on the market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
$475 for a 3mm wetsuit! :11: That's outragious. I purchased a Pinnacle Seal merino-lined wetsuit last year for $200. I love the suit. Can't say if it's the best on the market, but I know I've been very pleased and at less than 1/2 the price, I can't believe that the Henderson is THAT much better it it's even better at all.

the best wetsuits on the market in my mind are the fully custom suits offered by wetwear in florida.. the can manufacture suits out of g231 nitrogen injected rubitex which does not compress much at depth.. if you go for all the options you can hit nearly $900!!!!

I have no problems using my full 3mm in 70f water doing dives 2+ hours.. colder than that I dive dry..

if you dive deep the ONLY choice should be a g231 based suit... most wetsuits are like skins by 200fsw.. the g231 based suits have most of their thermal protecion in tack.. the best source for these suits is to see the owner at many diveshows where they take you measurements (30 +)

http://www.wetwear.com/rubatex_g-231n.htm

You can have a custom 3.5mm super stretch from www.liquidfit.com for $310. They have other materials & thicknesses as well. The quality of the one I just bought for my daughter looks to be top notch.

Why pay that much for a stock suit when you can have a custom one for far less?

Bare Velocity...haven't tried the new ProStretch line.

Cheers.

-J.-

TravelSimone:
I have a Bare Velocity Progressive- quite nice.

One thought regarding the expensive Insta-dry in a 3mm... if it is warm enough to only need a 3mm, do you really need to spend that much more money on a wetsuit that will dry faster? Don't get me wrong here, as I am a wimp when it comes to getting cold and can see how it would be nicer for your wetsuit to be dry on your 3rd dive of the day, but it seems to me that the air and water temperature have to be pretty nice anyway. That is a lot more money to spend just to be a tad bit warmer in nice temperature conditions.
I have to agree. I'm pretty happy with my Insta-Dry 7mm, but the quick dry is a bigger help when it's cold out than when it's nice and warm, as it would be (most likely) for any water warm enough to get away with a 3mm suit.

When I buy a 3mm suit, I'll probably buy based on looks and price more than features, because frankly it's just not that big of a problem in warm water...

I use a scubapro thermal tec 3mm. It serves as my insurance against unforseeable drops in water temp :)

Before you deal with Wet Wear, read all of the negative reports on their lack of customer service. I have a diving aquaintance that had all of his girlfriend's measurements and quit the process because of MS Wetwears pushey attitude. Since this problem has been reported by so many different posters, there must be some truth to this.

saltwater taffy:
Before you deal with Wet Wear, read all of the negative reports on their lack of customer service. I have a diving aquaintance that had all of his girlfriend's measurements and quit the process because of MS Wetwears pushey attitude. Since this problem has been reported by so many different posters, there must be some truth to this.
their sales people do seem a bit agressive at times but they have a great product.. I know people that have sent suits in for alterations and had them back very quickly..

I was first introduced to their product when I was diving with a friend's diveclub.. Several members were using their suits.. The divers who used wetsuits most of the time had several suits.. Everyone I know who OWNS one speaks highly of the product and swear by it.. I was skeptical at the beginning, but I've turned into a believer..

I do alot of deep diving, and most suits I have used are useless after one season, so far I have almost 4 seasons on this suit and its as warm as the day I purchased it..

Its about to go in for an alteration as it seems to have shrunk around the waist :lol:, They did a full measurement on me and will put the suit to my new dimensions

In regards to the insta-dry suits by henderson, I bought the 3mm last year before a trip to palau and truk lagoon. I spent 2 weeks in palau, the first week being on land doing tech diving and the second week on a liveaboard (palau aggressor) and by the end of the second week on the liveaboard I had enough of that suit. I sold it to one of the divemasters on the aggressor for $100 and felt bad taking his money. On the plus side, the suit kept me warm, which is what it was designed to do. On the negative side, I must have went through 2 bottles of baby shampoo over the 7 days I was on the boat just getting into the thing every time. What a complete struggle to put that thing on. I just ended up buying one of the new Aqualung 3mm's. I havent dove it yet so have no idea how its going to perform, but I put the thing on in the same amount of time it would have taken me to put one leg on in my old insta-dry. And just for the record, im 5'11, 175lbs, so it should not be a ordeal for me to put a wetsuit on.

[/their sales people do seem a bit agressive at times but they have a great product.. I know people that have sent suits in for alterations and had them back very quicklyQUOTE]
It wasn't their sales people that was the problem, it was Ms. Wetwear. The same problem has reported time and time again. Since getting a custom wetsuit is such a personal project, the last thing I would want to deal with is an "attitude.". I'm happy to hear that it worked so well for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom