Best 3mm suit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockinrebel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to be diving the springs in Florida which are 72 degrees. That's the coldest water I'll be diving in. (I'm more of a Keys diver).
Any suggestions for a good 3mm suit?
Thanks.

Define "best."

Without an idea what qualities you want and their relative importance to you, it's anybody's guess.
  • Warmth?
  • Flexibility?
  • Seam construction?
  • Lining?
  • Tear resistance?
  • Pill resistance?
  • Drying speed?
  • Durability?
  • Colors?
  • Jumper or shorty?
  • Cost?

What part of Florida are you in? Wetwear can build you a suit to your measurements and specifications. They are very knowledgeable about thickness and warmth as well. They are located in South Florida, just North of Miami, and Just South of Fort Lauderdale. Their website is Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities.

I have their suit with the long zippers in the arms and legs and it is awesome to put on and off.

I'm going to be diving the springs in Florida which are 72 degrees. That's the coldest water I'll be diving in. (I'm more of a Keys diver).
Any suggestions for a good 3mm suit?
Thanks.

Pinnacle elastoprene 3mm is a very nice suit but unless you are cold resistant you will likely be chilly in the springs. Perfect for the keys however.

The new Deep See Quantum Sport 3mm is pretty nice. I have seen a few of them and just ordered one for myself last week.

My "best"... well my only 3mm is the Pinnacle Merino Elastiprene.

Kept me nice during multi-dive days in the DR.

:14:

Thanks for the replies.
Ease of donning (flexibility), warmth and reasonable cost would be the important factors. Also, I'm thinking of a jumpsuit...any other ideas? I only want to buy one suit.
I'm located in Richmond Hill, Georgia. (just south of Savannah).

If I were you, and I have been in those waters I'd consider a Bare 5/4 Velocity.

Your profile is lacking any useful information (hint) but I'll guess that you may be a new diver. As the adenaline subsides and your dives grow in length more neoprene is probably better.

If you are truly hardy Bare makes a lighter model as well.

Pete

I love Bare and my wife Pinnacle, both have excelent wetsuits, top quality. The most important thing is the fit, try them before buy.

Hi there Rebel,
If you're going to be in Florida, please feel free to stop by and see Liquid Fit. You can contact me @ wetsuits@liquidfit.com or call me @ 800-785-8362. We have the most comfortable suits you'll ever wear. Please remember that we give all scuba board members a 10% discount. Should you lose weight after getting your suit, we'll alter your suit once for free. Visit our website @ LiquidFit.Com ~ Wetsuits That Fit Like They Were Poured On You..
Best regards,
Carolyn Tomes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom