Best 3mm custom suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shortypots

Reaction score
I have come to grips with the fact that due to my weight and height (height is 4'11", and I am not mentioning my weight) my measurements do not match to anything but a custom suit. So I want to know which company is really good for the money? I have checked out 1)liquid fit, seem really high priced, limited on color options 2)aqua flite, seems more reasonable and I get my choice of colors, and 3) scuba l- lowest price, but is their quality not there, and standard black and blue. Although, I am looking at the hybrid model. Is there anyone else out there that has really good custom suits, with a nice range of colors? (hubby mistook me for someone else when we took our first open water dive, so want to make sure he will recognize me! :D )

Shortypots:
I have come to grips with the fact that due to my weight and height (height is 4'11", and I am not mentioning my weight) my measurements do not match to anything but a custom suit. So I want to know which company is really good for the money? I have checked out 1)liquid fit, seem really high priced, limited on color options 2)aqua flite, seems more reasonable and I get my choice of colors, and 3) scuba l- lowest price, but is their quality not there, and standard black and blue. Although, I am looking at the hybrid model. Is there anyone else out there that has really good custom suits, with a nice range of colors? (hubby mistook me for someone else when we took our first open water dive, so want to make sure he will recognize me! :D )

I have an aquaflite custom now and I like it alot. I have found a lady in Texas that does great work for about the same price. Chris at www.terrapinwetsuits.com
She is altering my suit now. As you will see when you look at her website, colors are no problem. She doesn't charge extra for different thickness suits either. You will pay more for a custom but it fits. BTW, who ever you use, when you download a fitting chart, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting someone i.e. a professional to measure you and don't watch what they are doing. I had my wife do it and I would look down and "coach" her, hence the re-altering going on now.

Dan

Michelle

Atlan and Liquidfit can both make this a non-issue for you.

If you have an Atlan Dealer nearby they will do the measurements.
http://atlaninc.com/default.html

Carolyn of LiqidFit will walk you and a partner though the measuring while on the phone.
http://www.liquidfit.com/

They have both done work for my wife and let her go where she never dreamt possible.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom