Benbrook Lake...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never hear anyone mention any good/fair diving...or diving at all there....from the surface-shore it is muddy. TwoBitTxn made a great description--chocolate--I like that!

I had an interest in Benbrook Lake for possible diving (recovery) but it is an engineered lake.
Link- http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/benbrook/

I would refer to it as a Texas chocolate shake lake!
When I was there last year in the summer- the water was very brown and they had specific swim areas. Lots of boat traffic and Sea Doos.
You might want to bring a mask- but that’s about it.

If you want anything interesting- head a little further south to Glen Rose and they do tubing. However, given the recent conditions I don’t know if it’s open.
Glenn Rose also has the Dinosaur Park which is kinda fun for one visit.

You are also close to Granbury. They have a nice town square and an actual drive in theater one of the few remaining.

I need to put together a listing of things in that part of the world.

Any questions give me a yell.

All I can tell you is to never wear a Speedo when you swim there even if you look good in one.
:D
Wear cut off blue jeans and you'll blend right in :wink:

Nice! I'm looking into doing some camping this weekend up that way, and I'm looking at the Dinosaur park, Cedar Hill, and maybe PK for camping. All the Benbrook primitive is closed due to the recent weather. Anyone have any other good ideas?

PvilleStang:
Nice! I'm looking into doing some camping this weekend up that way, and I'm looking at the Dinosaur park, Cedar Hill, and maybe PK for camping. All the Benbrook primitive is closed due to the recent weather. Anyone have any other good ideas?

PK has a great state park and is really a pretty area. Cedar Hill has a state park and is nice---but right next to the 'city'...as a matter of fact you can call out for pizza delivery--lol!! Joe Pool Lake/Cedar Hill is not a good lake for diving....much like Benbrook.

Back
Top Bottom