Bell Found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dude:
Mike,
That is a great idea! I don’t know why I didn’t think of that.
Here in Ct. we have one of the premier maritime museums in the U.S. It is the Mystic Seaport. I was going to go there this weekend anyway.
I’m just not looking forward to loading that thing into my truck….
Thanks for the idea!!
Bryan
Let us know what they say!

Firebrand:
Let us know what they say!

Firebrand,
I will certainly keep you updated.
Judging from the number of views on this post there is a lot of interest in this story. I wouldn't want to disappoint the ScubaBoard divers reading this so I'll be posting as I get more info.
I have a boat in R.I. I stay on during the weekends. Mystic is close to where I keep it so, I don't think I wiil be posting anything of interest until Monday.
Bryan

John Chatterton is going to be in RI very soon (if he isn't there already) as the Seeker is currently running charters out of there. You might be able to hook up with him and see what he thinks (if you can find where the Seeker berths).

Went to Mystic Seaport with the bell on Saturday. Found out that the library is closed Saturdays and no curators work on the weekends. I ended up with no new info to share.
My boat is coming out this week so I will not be headed to that area for quite some time.
For all intents and puposes this is the last I will be contributing to this post.
Thanks to all for your suggestions!

Now that's just wrong! Don't leave us mystified with no final piece to the puzzle! Good luck on your quest to find the origins of the bell.

Firebrand:
Now that's just wrong! Don't leave us mystified with no final piece to the puzzle! Good luck on your quest to find the origins of the bell.
Firebrand,
You're right. When I get more info I will start a new post. That won't be for a few months as I am very busy with other matters now.
I'll be PMing you and your brother when I find out more, no matter how trivial it might be because everything is a clue.
Thanks for letting me know!
Diver Dude

Dude, I must apologize as I haven't had much time for research either. I picked up a second responsibility which keeps me pretty busy. When I get a decent amount of free time I will try to find out what I can on the 'Daga. Thanks for keeping my bro and I posted. Good luck and stay safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom