belize or utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Island Hoppa

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey everyone

just curious as to which you all prefer. i will be heading there august, sept time frame prob for about 1-2 weeks. will be traveling with a buddy and looking for cheap accomodation. we are young early 20's and dont care about luxury, just want to dive. i know utila is backpaker heaven and i can prob stay there pretty cheap but how about belize? and about the diving? which one is generally better? and which place is generally friendlier to travel. i dont want to stay 2 hrs from a dive center and have to commute there everyday. id rather wake up in the moning and walk across the street to go dive. kind of like being in thailand. just looking for the cheapest, best most affordable diving in central america. thanks for the quick input everyone.

I think you'd find the diving great both places but definitely cheaper on Utila. August/September is before the rainy season in N. Honduras, too, though there's a slight risk of hurricanes either place.

Having done both in the past 5 months I would head to Utila. Once there life is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom