Belize in May: Recommendations for Dving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'll be in Belize for a week in late May and want to maximize my dive enjoyment. My trip starts on Ambergris Key (San Pedro) for a few days with non-diving friends and then I'm going to gradually make my way down the coast to Punta Gorda to visit friends.

What I'm looking for is 1) dive destinations recommendations; 2) dive shop operator recommendations; 3) reasonable prices.

I'm in this for the diving, not the resort amenities. I'm also traveling solo, so I'm going to be quite flexible. And finally, I really want to see something unique on my dives. Been to Cozumel 3 times (sadly it's not what it was 10 years ago) and done the Great Barrier Reef.

I'm really intrugued by Glover's Reef, but it appear you need to book a week with most operators. Is there a practical, less expensive way to get maybe three days of diving out there? Of course I can do the dives off of San Pedro, but will that be like Cozumel?

THX MC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom