Belize Aggressor IV mooring breaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@uncfnp only slightly related question...did you see any coral bleaching during your time diving?
Soloist is right. The bleaching was heartbreaking. Other coral was bright pink or yellow, almost neon. Looking it up it seems to be an indication of stress and the coral’s efforts to survive.

Even the reef shark is turning white!
The shark in the last photo with the matching white spots on each side of its head is called "Bruno". I'm not sure how it got its name (or the white marks), but we've been seeing it for a number of years, usually off the Long Caye wall to the west. Unlike the Halfmoon Caye sharks that are very casual and laid-back, Bruno always appeared to be a little more cautious and edgy.

The shark in the last photo with the matching white spots on each side of its head is called "Bruno". I'm not sure how it got its name (or the white marks), but we've been seeing it for a number of years, usually off the Long Caye wall to the west. Unlike the Halfmoon Caye sharks that are very casual and laid-back, Bruno always appeared to be a little more cautious and edgy.
Guides on our trip called him Patches.

Guides on our trip called him Patches.
Like many things, it looks like it goes by a number of names. I'm not sure what year we first started seeing it, but it's been a while. Like some of the dorsal tagged females off Half Moon, it's pretty recognizable with those marks.

Crew worked hard to get our belongs to us. Only a few things missing for most of us except for the diver in the flooded cabin. Her computer and phone were soaked and camera/SD card missing.
Better than the last time one of their boats ran aground. Everyone left the ship and it was pilfered by locals. And naturally Aggressor did zip.

Aggressor seams to going down hill fast. Didn’t one of their boats sink on Red Sea a few years ago. ? Also I believe the Soccoro aggressor had some safety concerns

I was on the Turks and Caicos Aggressor last June. The mooring rope broke at G Spot. The crew did a great job moving to another dive location. Things happen.

How is a broken mooring line Aggressor boat's fault?

Not likely but maybe if they didn't have enough scope on the line for the sea conditions. But it's more about the response to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom