belated hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonk999

Contributor
Reaction score
I've posted a few times on other forums, but without introducing myself here, so here goes!

I've been diving for a couple of years, got OW and, more recently Rescue in SF/Monterey. Recently took the plunge and bought equipment, so now I can swear by what I bought just like everyone else! :)

Have done some cold water diving locally, though Monterey Bay is in the low 60s these days, so it's almost not cold enough there anymore, but strangely enough, prefer warm water diving. Not quite sure why.

Happy Diving everyone,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Welcome to ScubaBoard. I am glad you felt comfortable enough to just jump on in and speak up when you felt like it. There is a ton of information to be had here so ask, ask, ask til your heart's content.

Cheers,

Hey there Simon, here is an official welcome to the family from me as well! What was the water temperature like in Monterrey?

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

A warm welcome from a temparily transplanted Canadian in Barbados (and I do mean warm -- it's around 30C, but with a delicious warm ocean breeze).

Hey DivingGal,

I'm gonna be in Barbados on early Aug to put in a couple of weeks helping out at the Bellairs Research Institute on one of the Earthwatch programs. How temporary is your stay in Barbados? How's the diving?

-Simon

Welcome to the board from Melbourne, FL.

Good to have you in the family.I send greetings from South Korea but live in New Zealand.I'm working as an instructor here for another 2 months.Divegal (June) is doing an earthwatch volenteer placement at the moment so ask her anything you want about it.She's sent me marvellous photos of her Mexican adventure doing research on sea turtles.
Cheers Big Ears,
There can be only one,
The Gasman

Originally posted by simonk999
Hey DivingGal,
I'm gonna be in Barbados on early Aug to put in a couple of weeks helping out at the Bellairs Research Institute on one of the Earthwatch programs. How temporary is your stay in Barbados? How's the diving?
-Simon

Just to keep the rest of the folks informed - Simon is going on the same Earthwatch project I was on. Talk about great minds. He'll love it! The diving is super, and the people on the team and at the institute are fun to be with. It's just those pesky mosquitos ......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom