Hello from NorCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lukav

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone!

Hello from the SF Bay Area. A friend of mine got me to do my OW training last year for a trip and I got hooked on it. Now love spending weekends in Monterey and exploring the beauties of the Pacific.

Outside the States I dove in Baja and Israel (Eilat).

Rescue is my highest certification.

Looking forward to meeting you all and maybe diving together!

Welcome to scubaboard!
Great to see another Norcaler here!
I live in Santa Rosa and dive Sonoma and Mendocino Counties. I get to Monterey once in a great while, I love it down there.

Welcome to scubaboard!
Great to see another Norcaler here!
I live in Santa Rosa and dive Sonoma and Mendocino Counties. I get to Monterey once in a great while, I love it down there.
Yet to check out diving in that area! Please feel free to drop recommendations in my inbox.

Yet to check out diving in that area! Please feel free to drop recommendations in my inbox.
I’ll post some stuff publicly for the benefit of other readers.
Start with the Breakwater in Monterey. It’s a great easy shore dive and offers shallow but fun dives along the breakwall with kelp forests and playful sea lions. There are many critters and fish hiding in the rocks. Out on the sand can be interesting too with assorted filter feeding sea life and small flat fish like baby sand dabs. Depths in the sand are around 40’. There is a big anchor and some other historical debris out there too.

Back
Top Bottom