Beginners in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Currents are not that bad, I prefer strong currents to the surge we have here in SoCal anytime!
Do the C53 wreck if you can, just awesome! it's a newbie friendly wreck dive and to date it's my best dive ever! nothing like seeing a massive ship underwater in 200' viz...spectacular!

Do tell! Who'd you go with? Where'd you go? What'd ya see?

Went to Paradise reef. With Blue Angel. Saw fish.

Blue Angel was the only one which had room for two at the right time. A DM named Nathan was very helpful. He saved me from minor problem - I was drifting upward too fast at the end of the dive, couldn't find the spare valve on the back of the BCD. He saw it happening, swam over and dumped the extra air. ( Memo to self: always familiarize yourself with a rented BCD. Things may not be exactly where you expect them to be )
On both dives the boat was less than 100 yards away when we surfaced.

We went to Paradise reef and one other that I can't recall. Went to Xcaret the next day. Photos of fish are posted herein. ( The sharks are at Xcaret, not open water )

Glad you had a good day trip and Coz dives. There are much better reef dives to be done there next time, but you'll need more experience before them - maybe several days diving with the same operator there. Safety first. Hope you get to go back someday soon.

No DD. I was wondering about their trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom