Before and After Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can say that. SWMBO says that if she ever needs to give and identifying mark, she is going to ask if there is the mark of Zorro on his stomach. I was out of work for a couple of days due to internal bleeding but it could have been a whole lot worse. part that realy upset me was that it ruined one of the aprons for the table I was making. :(

How to explain a kickback...

Well my table saw it a 10" 5 hp. That equals a massive motor spinning a sharp 10" disk at a massive amount of speed.

As I was pushing the board down the saw past the blade, it caught on something my guess is the outfeed table. At this point I knew I was in trouble, I could hear the teeth chattering against the edges of the board. I was cutting a dado so no blade guard. They bit into the edge of the dado, ripped it out of my hands and launched it backward into my stomach. The scary thing was that I did not feel any pain at first. That meant that it was a deep injury. After about 10 seconds (felt like an hour) I was not sure I could stand. I took a quick check 10/10/1 everything still attached :) then called for a buddy to come over and keep an on me as SWMBO was away. Went to the doc the next day as I could barely get out of bed.

SWMBO accused me of trying to use the board to deflate my spare tire :).

Ouch..Only happened to one of my guys once....They were beaten for not having the guard on.....After they healed...

Back
Top Bottom