Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The traveling is going to effing suck. It always does. And you people wonder why I love road trips. I’m looking forward to the diving. And having a porter to haul gear.

At least on SW, I don’t have to fight for my aisle seat (you do NOT steal my aisle seat) that sometime thought they’d steal - and thought I’d happily take a middle seat instead. Yeah, right.

If I had a choice I'd rather drive also. It's a lot of work trying to pack for the flight. There's only so much you can take. When I drive I'm prepared for everything.

Thankfully, we have built in "Sherpas" to haul gear (read: kids forced to do manual labor).

Emailed Kiss yesterday to see if the new Petrel 3 is an option for my Spirit.

I’m now trying to figure out if I need trip insurance.

Airline ticket is fully refundable. Hotel room can be cancelled with full refund up to 2 days before I arrive. Class fee will be paid when I arrive.

I have the highest DAN diver insurance (Guardian?) so I’m covered in case of a diving accident.

The plague is the only thing that makes me wonder if I need trip insurance, in case I tested positive before departure.

I typically don't get it for Mexico, most of the cave diving places are flexible if you have a good reason, you might not get your money back, but you can reschedule. And any monetary losses are pretty minimal due to the lower costs to get there.

I typically don't get it for Mexico, most of the cave diving places are flexible if you have a good reason, you might not get your money back, but you can reschedule. And any monetary losses are pretty minimal due to the lower costs to get there.
Yeah not like this is some pricey liveaboard.

Airline ticket is fully refundable. Hotel room can be cancelled with full refund up to 2 days before I arrive. Class fee will be paid when I arrive.

I have the highest DAN diver insurance (Guardian?) so I’m covered in case of a diving accident.

The plague is the only thing that makes me wonder if I need trip insurance, in case I tested positive before departure.
Most trip insurance will have a rider excluding plague or pandemic.

Most trip insurance will have a rider excluding plague or pandemic.
DAN seems to be adding it, from what I read in the Alert diver I got this week.

DAN seems to be adding it, from what I read in the Alert diver I got this week.
They could be changing things, I know from experience in the last two years, DAN trip insurance excluded pandemics and pandemic related issues.

They could be changing things, I know from experience in the last two years, DAN trip insurance excluded pandemics and pandemic related issues.

Looks like it does cover the plague now.

Since you already booked the trip, the very generous "Cancel For Any Reason" clause does not apply. So it's almost going to take a vendor bankruptcy to get an insurance payout check. Otherwise it's a forced reschedule to a future date that you may not agree with. That fine print is a zinger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom