Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got hotel for MX trip. $406 for the week through Booking.com's app. There were lots of app only discounts. It was something like half off usual price. Within 5 minutes of instructor's home in a well-trafficked area and a lot of students stay there. Good reviews. Aventura Mexicana Hotel. I'm amazed how cheap it is! Can cancel without penalty up to two days before trip.
Housing can be cheap. In tulum there are apartments for $40/day everywhere. It’s sometimes just a matter of if u want a/c or not

Joyriding (aka scooter) class today. It was a lot of fun, but I doubt I’ll be buying one in the near future.

The viz at Pearl Lake was awesome. Probably 40-50ft.

Fun diving tomorrow at same site with a buddy who also has a Kiss Spirit. He lets me touch and drool over his unit. 😂🤣

OMG, I don’t know how you folks who regularly travel with your gear do it. I did a rough test packing last night with the big wheeled duffle and my wheeled carryon.

Lights (can light and two backup lights), regs, and computers in carryon. Mask in mask box with a few other small things stuffed in box (such as transmitters). Takes up entire bottom of carry on. I am a very difficult mask fit so I am not about to risk my mask getting damaged.

SM rig and wetsuit take up most of rolling duffle.

Going to have to go minimal on clothes. One pair of Teva sandals. Might only take one bathing suit, although two would be better.

I KNEW there was a reason I drive to dive!

Shove your mask in the foot pocket of a fin if it’ll fit. The mask won’t get damaged. Travel diving Tetris isn’t a game you master overnight. It takes time. We take a photo of how we pack everything so if it works we can refer back.

Shove your mask in the foot pocket of a fin if it’ll fit. The mask won’t get damaged. Travel diving Tetris isn’t a game you master overnight. It takes time. We take a photo of how we pack everything so if it works we can refer back.

Fins are going in the checked bag. I’m not letting mask out of my possession. I’d have a hard time using another due to fit issues.

I do a have a couple of the small DGX padded mesh bags. Should get a few more. That would work for mask and then put it with clothes.

Fins are going in the checked bag. I’m not letting mask out of my possession. I’d have a hard time using another due to fit issues.

I do a have a couple of the small DGX padded mesh bags. Should get a few more. That would work for mask and then put it with clothes.
I get it. I'm finicky about my mask because so many leak or are uncomfortable. I'm a mask hoarder. Since I have one particular mask that's perfect for me I have 2 for tech dives, 1 for OW dives, and 1 sitting in a closet ready to be get into the rotation. I'm always paranoid the manufacturer is going to "improve" the design on me.

I get it. I'm finicky about my mask because so many leak or are uncomfortable. I'm a mask hoarder. Since I have one particular mask that's perfect for me I have 2 for tech dives, 1 for OW dives, and 1 sitting in a closet ready to be get into the rotation. I'm always paranoid the manufacturer is going to "improve" the design on me.

I have 4-5 of this particular mask. I was given first one in 2018 right after it was discontinued. I was able to find a few online.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in here (maybe even by me, lol), or maybe you already have one, but I think these things are the best thing since sliced bread trying to pack. If flying I can get bags to 48-49+ and not be worried at all.

My wife thinks I'm a mad man moving things around.. sure I have a system, but each trip is a little different depending what we're doing.

Good luck @Marie13, hope to see lots of pictures, and you have a ton of fun!!!

1654099186543.png

I’m going to borrow one from a friend.

I’ve got a large hard sided roller I may end up taking. I get two free checked bags with SW.

This is a class, not fun dives. Doubt I’ll have any uw photos at all from the trip unless I finish class in four days as fifth day will be guided fun dives. If we do fun dives, I’ll ask instructor to take photos. I don’t carry a camera in caves. Only when wreck diving.

I’m going to borrow one from a friend.

This is a class, not fun dives. Doubt I’ll have any uw photos at all unless I finish class in four days as fifth day will be guided fun dives.

I mean... I think we all try to have at least a little fun in class?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom