Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are two HUGE positives for me with diving wet. Don’t have to trust the airlines with my pretty purple drysuit. And I don’t have to worry about the She-P and getting the plumbing correct. It is a very exact thing. Not having to worry about the She-P is a huge thing. I can just drink as much as I want to stay hydrated in the heat and humidity and not have to worry about leaks and having to wash drysuit undies.
Ew, my wetsuit has a p valve. I hate pee smelling suits.
You might consider fitting one. It is a great way to get experience fitting and using your she p. If you have a seal issue or a leak, it isn't an issue, but if it works for the most part, you will cut down on skin rashes and stink.

There are two HUGE positives for me with diving wet. Don’t have to trust the airlines with my pretty purple drysuit. And I don’t have to worry about the She-P and getting the plumbing correct. It is a very exact thing. Not having to worry about the She-P is a huge thing. I can just drink as much as I want to stay hydrated in the heat and humidity and not have to worry about leaks and having to wash drysuit undies.

If something happens to my drysuit, I am out of the water for God knows how long. DUI was pretty backed up earlier in the year when a friend had to send their suit in for repairs. Everyone else is backed up, as well. That suit was $4100. I’m not risking it with the airlines.
I’ve got CCR training coming up not long after I get back from MX, depending on when my unit ships. Not having a drysuit messes that up big time.
I understand the drysuit concerns as my first few times down there I was worried about stuff getting lost too. Now I don't worry so much.
As for the she-p my wife would give you the opposite advice. The she-p has been a savior for her. She initially didn't wear her she-p in mx to avoid the hassle. She can go a ridiculously long time without peeing. I think it's almost superhuman. But on one trip she had to go particularly bad prior to the dive. Her only choice was to find a private spot in the woods. Unfortunately in that short period of time her rear end bits got attacked by mosquitoes and she was miserable for days. Now she pretty much won't dive MX without her she-p because she can just pop the tube out the top of her undergarment pants and pee on a tree like a dude.
Definitely not trying to convince you against your plan. But it's always helpful to hear both sides of the coin not just for the poster, but for anybody that may be following this and planning a trip to MX. When I first went to MX I was literally told by local Fl cave divers how nuts I would be diving dry and I would be the only one. Definitely not true, but it's still a common comment.

On the opposite end, I dive wet in Mexico. It is basically the only place I do so. I wear a 5mm semi dry there. I only do one three hour dive per day. If I was doing multiple dives, I would bring my drysuit. I had a pretty bad leg wound on a trip a year ago and I brought my drysuit to keep it dry and clean during the trip. Outside of that, I prefer the wetsuit down there as I spend a lot of time wiggling through things.
You sure it's not cause your drysuit is a "semi-dry"? kidding

You sure it's not cause your drysuit is a "semi-dry"? kidding
I have a collection of semi dry drysuits and a few actual dry ones. I just wish I could get a new one that fits as well as my 25 year old suit that leaks like a sieve. It is the best fitting and diving suit ever, I have attempted to replace it three times and they never fit as well. Unfortunatley/fortunately, I have lost 70 pounds this year and now even that one doesn't fit.

I have a collection of semi dry drysuits and a few actual dry ones. I just wish I could get a new one that fits as well as my 25 year old suit that leaks like a sieve. It is the best fitting and diving suit ever, I have attempted to replace it three times and they never fit as well. Unfortunatley/fortunately, I have lost 70 pounds this year and now even that one doesn't fit.

So even your new very colorful one doesn’t fit?

So even your new very colorful one doesn’t fit?
It was a good fit, not really an excellent fit. I have lost another 20 pounds since I ordered it. It will be fine for this summer with heavy undies, I will need another new one for Florida.

It was a good fit, not really an excellent fit. I have lost another 20 pounds since I ordered it. It will be fine for this summer with heavy undies, I will need another new one for Florida.

I think you need to post a photo of that suit for everyone’s entertainment. 🤣😂

I will also cath up in a wetsuit. I have a section of small clear rubber line that I run down a leg and hangs out around my bootie about an inch. Will stand right in front of you and pee and when on a boat, I simply hold my foot over the side and pee. I hate pissy wetsuits.

I will also cath up in a wetsuit. I have a section of small clear rubber line that I run down a leg and hangs out around my bootie about an inch. Will stand right in front of you and pee and when on a boat, I simply hold my foot over the side and pee. I hate pissy wetsuits.

OK, that has to look funny as hell when you’re peeing out your foot. 🤣😂

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom