Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exchanged emails with Kiss this morning about adding the Petrel 3. They’re still waiting on pricing and when they will receive their first shipment. They’ve noted I want to consider it as an option. Also asked about shipping date for my unit. I was told it’s looking like mid-September.

Really nice day at the local diving hole. With it being Father’s Day weekend, there were a lot fewer classes and only one bigger one. A WI buddy came down to dive. First time at my local hole. He was surprised it was as nice as it is. He’s used to diving in local lakes and a quarry that’s part of a county park (Wazee) with few facilities.

Buddy has a Spirit (the CCR I have on order). Every time he pulls it out, I have to pet it. 🤣😂 He told me to stop coveting his. I told him I’ll stop when I have mine! My local hole doesn’t see a lot of CCRs. Two women came over to get a closer look. One said it looked like an espresso machine. 🤣😂 A friend of mine came over to look then went and got a couple of the other guys he was diving with. Much oohing, aahing, and drooling. 🤤

Nice one hour dive on the deep side wall and also spent some time watching all the nesting bluegill in the shallows.

7CFC2DBE-A6B4-4135-AA8E-59C7B3E15936.jpeg
E58E3AE4-65A5-48B9-8F66-F734CF4A63E5.jpeg

Exchanged emails with Kiss this morning about adding the Petrel 3. They’re still waiting on pricing and when they will receive their first shipment. They’ve noted I want to consider it as an option. Also asked about shipping date for my unit. I was told it’s looking like mid-September.
Out of curiosity what additional functionalities will you get with a petrel 3?

But if I can’t get a Petrel 3, it’s really no big deal. I will always be diving with one of my two Perdix AI and I’ll use that to monitor O2 bottle. Think I’ll just put a SPG on dil/BO.

Kiss has indicated the 4 pin Petrel 3 will not be available for 2-3 months. I’ve let them know that if the Petrel 3 isn’t on hand when my unit is ready to ship, to just ship it with the 4 pin Petrel 2 they already have set aside for me.

Going through photos last night and found this one of me diving the wreck of the Montana in Thunder Bay, Lake Huron, off Alpena, MI in 2018. That was my first dive trip. Nice long weekend with 3 days compressed into two due to weather. And yes, I dived it wet.

9F6F2601-9637-46FB-BB3B-2A890888055D.jpeg

Good luck with the training. I hope the Kiss is all you want it to be and allows you to do the diving you want too. Now and in the future

I'm going to smile inwardly at myself knowing that when you get to MX you'll be warm water diving (something you'd always said you wouldn't be doing)

But if I can’t get a Petrel 3, it’s really no big deal. I will always be diving with one of my two Perdix AI and I’ll use that to monitor O2 bottle. Think I’ll just put a SPG on dil/BO.
IF you switch out to a Perdix 2, you can have 4 Transmitters linked which should be more than enough gas contents?

Good luck with the training. I hope the Kiss is all you want it to be and allows you to do the diving you want too. Now and in the future

I'm going to smile inwardly at myself knowing that when you get to MX you'll be warm water diving (something you'd always said you wouldn't be doing)

IF you switch out to a Perdix 2, you can have 4 Transmitters linked which should be more than enough gas contents?
Thank you!

The water will be 75F-ish in the cenotes. I get that at the local quarry in later summer in the shallows. I had 70-72F in Florida cave country at Christmas.

The Perdix AI I already have can do 4 transmitters. Don’t need to get a Perdix 2.

Prime example of why I’m glad I didn’t buy a used CCR. A gal from a FB group and l were chatting this morning. She bought a used CCR. Was told it didn’t need any work. It required many hours of work before it could be taken in the water. She’s now in the midst of her class and it’s been a bust so far her unit has had so many issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom