Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get travel medical insurance, even for trips within the United States, if the area I’m traveling to is not part of the tier one network of my insurance. One can have medical issues unrelated to what DAN will cover.

Had a very nice dive today with a regular buddy. Finally got him into the water for his first SM dive. He’s diving a Nomad XT, same as I have, with HP100 steels. I had helped him set up his gear over the winter and he had done a pool session with an instructor soon after. His tanks are decently trim. Probably need to be tweaked some, but I’ll let his SM instructor deal with that this summer. There are a couple other things above my pay grade.

Joyriding (aka scooter) class today. It was a lot of fun, but I doubt I’ll be buying one in the near future.

The viz at Pearl Lake was awesome. Probably 40-50ft.

Fun diving tomorrow at same site with a buddy who also has a Kiss Spirit. He lets me touch and drool over his unit. 😂🤣
That’s great viz for Pearl.

That’s great viz for Pearl.

With the restricted access (dive shop sponsored groups only since 2020) due to the sale, viz has been great. I was out there a couple of times last summer and viz was similar.

Congratulations on upcoming mx trip , when I pack my 5mm wetsuit for trips I bought a compression sac from rei ( used for sleeping bags ) I believe Sea to Summit is the manufacture. That way I can stuff it and compress it into an insanely smaller size which frees up space in the main bag. I take a duffel for backplate and wing wetsuit and fins and all other non sensitive items then a small carryon duffel for computers ,
lights and mask. Then backpack for minimal clothing. Your going to be hooked !

Congratulations on upcoming mx trip , when I pack my 5mm wetsuit for trips I bought a compression sac from rei ( used for sleeping bags ) I believe Sea to Summit is the manufacture. That way I can stuff it and compress it into an insanely smaller size which frees up space in the main bag. I take a duffel for backplate and wing wetsuit and fins and all other non sensitive items then a small carryon duffel for computers ,
Which size compression sack did you get?

I got a 16L which is size medium, it barely fits so I’d probably bump it up to the next size up in the future.

Great idea! How do you fold it into the compression bag to avoid fold lines? Just roll it up?

I roll it up as tight as I can get it , it definitely has lines once compressed but I take it out when I get to the location and it seems fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom