Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which is smart, fixed cables are pretty stupid IMO.

But I wouldn't buy a NERD for a compass alone, because I can count the number of times I used a compass outside of a class exercise in one hand, and probably have fingers to spare. In cave diving from what I understand they are only primarily for surveys. And those compasses are more like a map compass so you can align it with the survey line.
Absolutely wouldn’t buy a Nerd for just the compass. But I might decide I want one in the future. I have some buddies who have them and hopefully I’d be able to borrow one to see how I like it.

And something else about the Spirit manual - BOV this, BOV that. Doesn’t mention plain DSV at all. 4 pin connectors aren’t mentioned. NERD isn’t mentioned. Again, how hard is it to update an online manual for updates, while still leaving the older stuff for people with older units?

Just be sure to watch out for idiots with no situation awareness that do an uncontrolled descent through the middle of a class, swim under the platform to make sure that everything is good and silted out, and then park themselves on the line the class is trying to use for CESAs.
Would be super annoying if you ran into someone like that in your rebreather class.

Just be sure to watch out for idiots with no situation awareness that do an uncontrolled descent through the middle of a class, swim under the platform to make sure that everything is good and silted out, and then park themselves on the line the class is trying to use for CESAs.
Would be super annoying if you ran into someone like that in your rebreather class.
Sounds like part of my MOD1 at Blue Grotto. I was actually very thankful to have done most of my MOD1 in Blue Grotto. I am a people watcher by nature and it was comical seeing the looks on some rec divers when they would come around a corner and get startled because a silent CCR diver was staring them in the face.

Sounds like part of my MOD1 at Blue Grotto. I was actually very thankful to have done most of my MOD1 in Blue Grotto. I am a people watcher by nature and it was comical seeing the looks on some rec divers when they would come around a corner and get startled because a silent CCR diver was staring them in the face.
Blue Grotto is a great place to just sit back and watch the insanity! :)

Was this at a training quarry?

And something else about the Spirit manual - BOV this, BOV that. Doesn’t mention plain DSV at all. 4 pin connectors aren’t mentioned. NERD isn’t mentioned. Again, how hard is it to update an online manual for updates, while still leaving the older stuff for people with older units?

This is a peeve of mine on many items in the dive world.

Picked up a slightly used Swift transmitter from another SB member for my O2 bottle.

Back
Top Bottom