Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'd think free plates would be the least they could give you for your service.
$30 annual, another 200 in fees even for my 2000 Saturn, 600 more for my wife's atlas, 300 for my truck. On top of that they had me pay $150 per plate when I switched from Seahawks to USMC. There are days I really hate WA...

$30 annual, another 200 in fees even for my 2000 Saturn, 600 more for my wife's atlas, 300 for my truck. On top of that they had me pay $150 per plate when I switched from Seahawks to USMC. There are days I really hate WA...

Jeez IIRC for my SUV I pay $150 for two years for a Challenger/Columbia plate, which is an additional like $10-20 a year donation to the foundation that it sponsors. My truck is like $120 a year for a normal plain plate.

Jeez IIRC for my SUV I pay $150 for two years for a Challenger/Columbia plate, which is an additional like $10-20 a year donation to the foundation that it sponsors. My truck is like $120 a year for a normal plain plate.
Annually our tabs are stupid. The military plate is only $30 extra once you get it. They rail us here for fees and taxes.

Annually our tabs are stupid. The military plate is only $30 extra once you get it. They rail us here for fees and taxes.

Yeah they apparently do the same in California. I was talking with my cousin who lives in LA and he pays $300 a year for the Porsche SUV (he is more the classic Persian driving luxury cars).

Wow, PA is seeming like a relative bargain at $45 for standard passenger plates. I do get screwed on my van with the highest diesel taxes around.

@Marie13 I just missed an NPR story Friday on the (11?) really-old native canoes that were recently found. That is your friend\associate the WI state marine archeologist, right?

Wow, PA is seeming like a relative bargain at $45 for standard passenger plates. I do get screwed on my van with the highest diesel taxes around.

@Marie13 I just missed an NPR story Friday on the (11?) really-old native canoes that were recently found. That is your friend\associate the WI state marine archeologist, right?
Correct! I have an editing/proofreading project for that department (on other stuff) going on right now.

Registration for my truck (commercial registration, can'b be registered as a passenger vehicle due to curb weight) $176/two years NY.....

Part of the problem is the gerrymandering that went on for including people in paying RTA (rural transit authority) tax on their vehicles. The map was drawn to include areas that have a bus stop, but no access to other services (trains)
without significant bus use. If the 700 above I think 450 was RTA. The RTA you pay is based on an idiotic formula the govt uses to determine your vehicles value based solely on age and MSRP. The only way around it is to have an HD diesel or move.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom