Been busy diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait, this is for real? A friend sent me a PM with an article about Lesbies and Subaru's and I thought it was just a joke. You are confirming it? It is a thing in the US??? This won't work in Libya at all hahahahaha

There was a commercial way back in the day with obvious lesbians. The punchline was “my parter and I only drive Subaru”. I may have butchered that slightly but the proper context is there. So here in america they are often referred to as lesbarus or a lesbian car.

Found the ad campaign. There were many others but this one stuck imo. It was far less subtle than many others. Sorry to derail the thread but I was posting for @BoltSnap

Attachments

• IMG_1321.jpeg
    IMG_1321.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 42
obvious lesbians

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I am now crush, I was actually liking Subaru cars and thinking about buying one and even trying to get dealership for Libya. Another dream/fantasy crushed, it is a no win.

:cry:

P.S. You guys don't have to rub it in now.

I am now crush, I was actually liking Subaru cars and thinking about buying one and even trying to get dealership for Libya. Another dream/fantasy crushed, it is a no win.

Folks are over-hyping the Lesbaru thing. IMO it is a dwindling insider cultural trope-joke for folks of a certain age.

3 cousins have had multiples, Mom had 2. None are gay as far as I know.

For the most part, they are known as reliable, safe transport that will get you through reasonable levels of adverse road conditions and mild offroading for some variants. There is a reason that they are all over the US snow-belt.

If they would put a stick back in with the bigger engine at a decent trim level, I'd take the Crosstrek, Forester, or Outback in a minute.

Your bigger cultural block to sales would be overcoming the legacy of indestructible (non-emissions, non-CAFE standard) HiLuxes and Benzes.

Imagine being such a homophobe that you wouldn't buy a car because someone would joke that you are a lesbian.
This coming from a guy that commuted in a pink beetle for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom