Beaver lake conditions anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just looked at my computers data from my dive there at the bluff's and at 102 feet I had 44 degree's F and at 20 feet I had 72 degrees F. On a dive to 75 feet I logged 46 degree's F. The top 8 feet of water had a temp of 77 degree's F. there.

I dive a drysuit and normally feel thermoclines pretty easy, but I can't tell you much about it from the dive log except that it's below 20 feet and above 30. I just don't worry much about the thermocline except that I want to get below it as quick as I can, beyond that I don't know much. I know I've seen it at 22 feet, and I've seen it at 30 feet, and it varies depending on time of day as stated earlier.

Honestly I'd dive it in a 7mm wetsuit, but not anything less because I just don't care for short dives below the thermocline. I.e. if I dive it I like dives to last at least 30 minutes and in a wetsuit of less than 7mm I have issues doing the second dive if I get below the thermocline for that long. I'll get cold in other words on the second dive and that usually means no third dive for me. Call me a wimp...

About the mixed gases, Nitrox yes but you will not get a full fill on an HP tank no matter what you do or how long it takes. You can get Nitrox pretty much any day, but it may take you all day to do so. I know I've waited a long time before and it would have been worth my time to go to Scuba Sports in Branson for the Nitrox. Not to mention they'll give you a full HP fill.

What I do is get my fills at SS in Branson before I dive here and bring enough tanks to cover it. SS is open Sundays so it's easy to get, but they close at 4. C&J closes I think at 7 PM if I recollect correctly.

cummings66:
About the mixed gases, Nitrox yes but you will not get a full fill on an HP tank no matter what you do or how long it takes. You can get Nitrox pretty much any day, but it may take you all day to do so. I know I've waited a long time before and it would have been worth my time to go to Scuba Sports in Branson for the Nitrox. Not to mention they'll give you a full HP fill.

What I do is get my fills at SS in Branson before I dive here and bring enough tanks to cover it. SS is open Sundays so it's easy to get, but they close at 4. C&J closes I think at 7 PM if I recollect correctly.

Thanks for the tip on Branson's scuba shop and nitrox fills....I will check that out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom