Beaver Lake 8/18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdown247

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will anyone be hitting Beaver Lake this weekend?

We will most likely be staying the weekend there (other plans got scrapped). Diving Saturday and Sunday. Provided nothing goes wrong I should have my boat available with room for 3-4 others and gear.

Tag-alongs are welcome (as well as fuel donations) if you have ALL your own gear and air. If I provide air only, I will be charging (this weekend only) $40 for a 2 tank boat dive (24 hour advanced notice for air needs appreciated), $60 if it is guided. C-cards will be required for insurance reasons.

PM me for my number.

I will be there. A group (including my daughter) from town here will be doing their OW checkout dives this weekend. I'm not sure of the exact location, never been there before. It's apparently at some cove close to C&J sports.

Any idea where this is?

FD

Probably the North dam site. If I remember right, there is a road just North of the dam that takes you back West. Follow that road for about a half mile or so and there is a road on the left that will take you down to the lake. There is a self-pay station after you take the left. I think that it costs about $3-4 per day. Be sure to pay and hang the tag on your rearview mirror, as I have been told that the fine is $75.
Sorry for the vague directions. It is easy to find, and I am sure that someone on here can give you better directions. Have fun.

Here is a link to the Beaver Lake dam, via Google maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...71,-93.846416&spn=0.017093,0.035491&z=15&om=1

187 is an offshoot off of Highway 62 (it actually loops around and connects back to Hwy 62 again closer to Eureka Springs). This view actually shows where the road goes over the dam. There is a little parking area and pavillion with barbeque pits right near the dam. It is where the DUI drysuit demo event is held every spring (April, iirc). I remember the parking being more than $3 or $4 but its been a while and I didn't note it in my log book, so I couldn't say for sure.

If you haven't been to Beaver Lake before, realize that (like all lakes of this size in MO and AR) it is popular with boaters.

Edit: There is another site across the lake to the North with shore access, but I have yet to dive from there. Terry would know. Terry?

John

Hey John,
After looking at the map, I think that we are talking about 2 different spots. I remember the area with the pavilions, but the place that I dove is North on 187 and then take a left on the first road back West. I think the site is on the first finger that sticks out into the lake. I will take a look at my map of Beaver and try to get some road numbers. Sorry again for the vague directions!!

You talking about Arkansas, right? Heber Springs?

Yes Ma'am,

Beaver Lake, not sure I know where Heber Springs is at, but I have only made 1 weekend trip down there. I think they call the area that I dove "The Bluffs". But I am curious, where is Heber Springs?

RH, Beaver Lake is east of Rogers, AR. Fayetteville area, northwest side of the state by the MO border.

John

There are several places they could be doing OW check-out dives. It could be Dam Site Park (same location DUI uses), the cove by Indian Point (near the platform, car, and boat), the Foundations, the bluffs, or even Helicopter cove (Dive shop is straight up the hill..literally!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom