Beaver Lake 8/18?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the Bluffs the spot where there is a sunken sailboat, & the u/w forest? I realize that there are probably a lot of spots where there are u/w forests, but does this ring a bell?

John_B:
Here is a link to the Beaver Lake dam, via Google maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...71,-93.846416&spn=0.017093,0.035491&z=15&om=1

187 is an offshoot off of Highway 62 (it actually loops around and connects back to Hwy 62 again closer to Eureka Springs). This view actually shows where the road goes over the dam. There is a little parking area and pavillion with barbeque pits right near the dam. It is where the DUI drysuit demo event is held every spring (April, iirc). I remember the parking being more than $3 or $4 but its been a while and I didn't note it in my log book, so I couldn't say for sure.
John

This sounds like the directions from the instructor. Thanks

FD

Dark Wolf:
Are the Bluffs the spot where there is a sunken sailboat, & the u/w forest? I realize that there are probably a lot of spots where there are u/w forests, but does this ring a bell?

Yes

Follow the line down from the sailboat & you will end up at an alligator (maybe it's a crock) @ about 105', then over a ledge & into the dark abiss.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...6.430744,-93.85088&spn=0.009133,0.016952&z=16

This shows the dam site & Bluffs/Stairsteps. Take 187 North of the dam, turn left on first paved road, turn left on next paved road (COE pay box at entrance) follow the road around past the boat ramp (you can see the boat ramp on the map) & there is a small area to park (about 4 cars max). Follow the trail down, in about 35' you should find a line that will lead to the sailboat. You will run into trees before the sailboat.

If you have any questions about the area, ck with CJ Sports, good guys.

Terry

Yeah, I saw the crock! Thanks for the verification, I thought that maybe I was losing my mind. Or that maybe the 2 110' solo dives had clouded the memory!!!

I have some pics of the trees and the sailboat in the members gallery. Be advised, though, both pics are dark due to the depth and not using an external flash. But if you use your imagination a little bit, you will get the idea.

Thanks Wkndbum,

Dark Wolf

Shar and I were there today and we're going back tomorrow (thursday) morning as well. If all goes well we should be there sunday too. If possible we'll dive by the bluffs at the N. Dam site. If thats too busy we may go to Indian creek. We're experimenting with a new camera. Anyone want to pose ??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom