Beautiful Dives: Capt Joey, Corsair and Keanu's Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

120 foot viz? Ohhhhh . . . I'd settle for 120 inches right now.

Catherine, are you doing any editing on your photos before converting to b&w? Just curious, I'm experimenting and want to get the sharpest detail.

justleesa:
lol :D

Yes, we gotta go back....when I come back from Chicago, huh?

Back from Chicago? When are you going?

Catherine - nice shots! Very peaceful!

Hi all,

My daughter and I arrived yesterday and are available to dive until July 4. I am PADI Rescue, she is PADI AOW. We have dived Hawaii many times in the last few years so I'm looking for a good photographer to chronicle some of our dives. I would love to have a big photo of my daughter and I looking at the Corsair. Any suggestions?

Thanks

JP Montemayor

Get down on the wreck early before the other divers. Get behind the fuselage and face the prop, have the photog illuminate your faces looking off slightly to the side. Watch your time, you only have about 10 minutes, really. Of course, leave the plane with at least 2000 pounds if you don't dive it often. I leave at 1500 psi, which is cutting it a little to close really. It is easy to get distracted with shooting at that depth, so be careful.

The other option is to go in five minutes behind the group, do your pictures as they are leaving. This works if the current is keeping the viz clear. Yesterday, there was quite a bit of people stirring up the bottom with their fins. I wish they wouldn't.

The other nice WA shot would be to position your bodies over the wreck and have your camera person get on the sand in front of the wreck, off to one side and shoot from more of a distance.

This brings back such memories. The Corsair was my first ocean dive. I had about 15 dives under my belt and I was so clueless. My buddy was underweighted and burned off half his air on the surface, so a DM buddied with me. It was the first and best dive of the trip. I could see the plane from the surface as I jumped in. Like diving in bathwater. I will never forget it.

Thanks, Catherine, for sharing.

Great photo!!! Yellow tail coris in the terminal phase, I believe.

catherine96821:
TONS of these.....juvenile wrasse, I forget?

very exciting to see so many, they are really pretty. (So was that Japanese couple!) She sure was perky once she got underwater and away from that boat!

DSC_0212.jpg

thanks, ladycute1! I love these fish. I have quite a few of their tails, they react quickly and turn away.

downdeep...giving you "air issue flashbacks, eh?" For some reason, this wreck catches people low on air more than equally deep wrecks. Sometimes I think it it seems small and more benign, sitting on the plain sandy bottom. It does not feel as deep as it is.

catherine96821:
thanks, ladycute1! I love these fish. I have quite a few of their tails, they react quickly and turn away.
What do you do with all their tails? Any of them try to bite you for that?:D

Catherine, he was looking for someone to take pics of them, not pic shooting advice....Awsome shots as usual....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom