Beach night dive, South Broward, Wednesday August 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Who's up for a nice evening of catching some bugs off Hollywood Beach or Dania Beach? NOAA weather says
Wednesday Night... East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.

If we meet at 7:30 we can be in the water by 7:45 and watch the "changing of the guard." I'm thinking either Johnson Street or Dania Beach. Although it is a long hike, the erojacks would be one heck of an awesome night dive!!!

Who's in? Post here and PM me for my cell phone and e-mail and give me yours (in case the boards are unavailable on Wednesday). Oh, and as always, "everybody welcome!"

pssst: Wysmar, if you show up you can hear all about my swordfishing trip! Let's just say that I caught four lobsters yesterday morning before getting on The Reward and tonight we are eating "surf and surf". :D

The erojaxs would be a great night dive!! do I have to have any advanced training for this?/?

No advanced training, but have you ever done a night dive before?

hey hows it going Stingray! Glad to see you're getting in lots of diving!

Do you need any special license to catch lobsters? I've got a friend going to college in west palm beach, I could stop and see him on the way down, and be back to my dorm before 2 am and don't have class before 10am......hm....

Yes, you must have a salt water fishing license and a lobster license. You can pick it up from Wal-Mart for $17. Or you can order online.

(Jah, WPB is an hour north of here.)

yeah you all really need to move a little bit further north. A two hour drive I could make fairly regularly, but that four hours just kills me. My "allowance" at college only allows me $15 a week for gas! (for the car)

JahJah, I live in Dania so I dive where I live, but you can certainly start your own beach dive thread further north. Lots of folks would join you up there.

Online licenses here. Don't forget that you need a saltwater angler's license AND a lobster stamp. I always spend the extra $2 for a snook stamp "just in case" I catch one. :)

Debby, my school schedule is looking in favor of a Wed. regular night dive. I am 85% in for this----need to put my stamp to work! Will confirm on Tuesday after I feel out my professors and first week course load. ----Hope to see you Wed!!!!!! DebbIIIEEE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom