beach diving info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too. And speaking of Johnson Street, I just completed my sixth dive (and second night dive) there in about two weeks and the more I dive it, the more I love it! Just watch out for the METER MAN...

r&wc:
the point i was making was that we are not experienced enough to undertake new adventures without doing some research, regardless of my definition of novice or intermidiate.

and as I said, you're doing exactly the right thing.

r&wc:
if you want to get fussy how about you rate the person who gives me most of my advice,

as far as I know, I never referred to the chap.
and unless I'm mistaken, you weren't either when you said you were begginer to intermediate divers.

If I wasn't clear enough, I'll repeat myself - I wasn't trying to offend, nor was I making a judgement about your assessments. I was making an observation about my own skills. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

Just trivial small-talk like 90% of the stuff you'll find in forums. But if you consider THAT being fussy, I do apologize.

vr24:
And instead of buying some locals time as cra2 said, there are MANY people on this forum who would be more than happy to take you out with them, including myself.

misunderstood twice in one day. lol. seems I'll have to polish up my communications skills!

I suggested he beg, borrow OR buy some local's time.
In other words, start by asking, and if that doesn't yield results, move on to coersion or even outright bribery if need-be. lol.

I said it knowing full well that if he merely asked (or begged, if it came to it), there'd be a handful of scubaboarders cheerfully volunteering to take him out.
I'm glad several of you have already stepped up and proven me correct.

That's been MY experience on here too. Always plenty of locals ready to show us the sites when we've visited the coast. Though I'd personally never take anyone up on it without at least OFFERING to pay for gas, or breakfast, or re-fills, etc.

cra2:
That's been MY experience on here too. Always plenty of locals ready to show us the sites when we've visited the coast. Though I'd personally never take anyone up on it without at least OFFERING to pay for gas, or breakfast, or re-fills, etc.

Dude, you got quarters for my meter? :14:

likewise another person willing to dive if you come down. here.

so far though I must say that the johnson street night dive has been the best :)

even though the vis was so-so it was an adventure on its own.

vr24:
I could pass on LBTS anyday... doesn't even come close to Hollywood/Dania...

<shaking head> Sad, very sad that you're dissing my side yard.... :D I'll be home & diving this weekend should anyone want to join me. It's ALWAYS a pleasure showing new folks around! :fruit:

Marvel:

Where were you last Saturday? I was down with my kids and my dad. In fact, he completed his open water certification "in your backyard". Greg was home and extremely helpful. Hope to see you back down there soon!

Doug

r&wc:
me and my wife are novice to intermidiate divers with 25 logged dives each, all of them have been from a boat except one, i really enjoyed the beach dive but have not done it again because i feel we lack the knowledge and experience to do it safely by ourselves and most of my more experienced friends never want to go (i think they are being sissy's) as one of my friends put it "anybody can boat dive, but beach diving is where you seperate the men from the boys"
can someone help me learn what things i need to be looking at, current, tides etc?

if i felt confident enough to go with just my wife i think id be in the water every weekend!
Don't overlook Pompano Beach to the north. There's a fantastic ledge that will rival what you'll see on a boat dive. It's just a long swim.
Also...
The reports of the death of LBTS are greatly exaggerated.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom