Beach Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gmanfunk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I read all these thread about beach dives. Where or better yet tell me some good spots to do a beach dive. And do they need to be at night? I would like to go take a quick 45 min dive after work before the sun comes down. Thanks anyone that does this feel free to contact me to get together and have some fun.

Broward County.
I am unaware of any shore dives worth doing in Dade, I could me uninformed.
Hollywood and Dania are close to you.

Chug
Likes shore dives.

Once the seas lie down a bit it shouldn't be a problem finding people to go diving.

The only thing with summer "after work dives" is they occur about the same time that the thunderheads that have been building up all day, decide to unload ie. lightning.

As far as spots go, get Ray Mcallisters "Beach Dive Locations" available in almost any SF dive shop for around $15

Most good shore diving is in Broward, that's why I moved north.

Oh, sorry. I paid to join and thought it was worth it. YMMV. Seriously, they have a beach dive almost every day of the week. They just don't make it public.

I highly recommend joining this group. They are the beach diving-est group of people I know.

Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup.com

Yes we are :bounce3::bounce2::bounce4::bounce: and afterwards we know how to have a good time :coke:

Dennis S
"Everything I click tells me it's private. Twenty dollars to read it. Twenty dollars is the price of a small hose on the boat but I don't want to pay it to read a web page."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after reading the other posts about making a payment just to read the web page that not right .I talk to steve about that ,they should have a trail period before asking for $$ .

Yes, please speak with Steve G. about that. He'll never attract new members with everything locked down tight. Even after beach diving down here for 30 years, I personally find the $20/year (actually $20 first year and $10/year after to cover the overhead of the Meetup) I personally find it worth it...but how will people know that if they can't see what is going on?

What I like is that in my circle of friends (dive club and SB), people might not be available on the day or evening I want to beach dive but with Gold Coast, there's almost always someone available. :thumb:

The only thing with summer "after work dives" is they occur about the same time that the thunderheads that have been building up all day, decide to unload ie. lightning.

Word of caution.. If your buddy is the above named, be prepared to trot over to LeTub's for one cold one till the storm passes.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom