BDE vs St. Johns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the SMB, in my experience (not the same boats, but liveaboards in the red sea), it's each individual diver requires an SMB, regardless of buddy teams. Leads to frustration for people having to buy one locally that they will never actually deploy. My suggestion would be buy a cheap one, that way you have if required and avoid the hassle. If you need it there, you have. If not, you can leave it in your box on the dive deck.

For the SMB, in my experience (not the same boats, but liveaboards in the red sea), it's each individual diver requires an SMB, regardless of buddy teams. Leads to frustration for people having to buy one locally that they will never actually deploy. My suggestion would be buy a cheap one, that way you have if required and avoid the hassle. If you need it there, you have. If not, you can leave it in your box on the dive deck.
thank you!

Have to add, for your certification cards... cut the internet connectivity hassle out, and search yourself up on padi. print the results :)
Not quite cert. cards, but better than worrying about their internet connection. Yes the dive guides are required to check the cards, but they are also quite used to looking up certifications. The guides want happy divers, they don't want to leave anyone behind.

Have to add, for your certification cards... cut the internet connectivity hassle out, and search yourself up on padi. print the results :)
Not quite cert. cards, but better than worrying about their internet connection. Yes the dive guides are required to check the cards, but they are also quite used to looking up certifications. The guides want happy divers, they don't want to leave anyone behind.
Thats a great tip...will do...thank you

I understand your point of view, but cannot agree...
As the are often currents, as you may lose your buddy, as your life can depend on beeing seen... buy something good !
e.g. have a look here Top 8 Best SMB For Scuba Diving of 2019

Id be really interested to hear how many days you get diving at the Brothers and what the highlights of the trip are when you are back . When do you go again?

Id be really interested to hear how many days you get diving at the Brothers and what the highlights of the trip are when you are back . When do you go again?
im on the liveaboard from 27th of july till the 3rd of aug
will definitely throw in my thoughts post that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom