Question Red Sea Aggressor IV or JP Marine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
R

rtsoi0201

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am thinking about joining a LOB this July. I have done some research and there are three choices which are affordable and I am interested in. But I can't really decide.
1. BDE by JP Marine
2. Golden Mix by JP Marine
3. St John/Daedalus route by Red Sea Aggressor IV

Anyone has experience doing LOB with these two ships? and which route is more recommended? The main differences between 2 and 3 is that Elphinstone is not covered in choice 3. Is Elphinstone worth going?

Personally, I would love to see some hammerheads, OWT and dolphins.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi!
While I've not been on either boat, the JP Marine and Red Sea Aggressor IV would appear to be at either end of the price spectrum for LoBs in the Egyptian Red Sea. Are you getting a similar deal for both boats? In March the JP Marine was moored at the old Sheraton Road marina in Hurghada, which I gather is less costly than the new marina. My liveaboard was moored right next to it.

From what I've heard, the JP Marine tends to attract more European divers looking for a no-frills boat, including Russian divers. I once exchanged messages with their reservation service and they were very prompt and professional. The lady that dealt with me made a positive impression. In contrast, the Aggressor boat might attract US divers in greater numbers, as they often prefer an international brand which is well-established in the USA and has many boats in Asia and the Caribbean. I believe the Aggressor may offer 4 dives daily, depending on schedule, etc. I doubt if the JP Marine would (3 is usually the norm in the Red Sea, plus 1-2 night dives).

I'm afraid this is all the "advice" I can offer and I fear it's more speculation and hearsay that actual fact, so please take it with a pinch of salt.

Hope you have a fab trip!

Hi!
While I've not been on either boat, the JP Marine and Red Sea Aggressor IV would appear to be at either end of the price spectrum for LoBs in the Egyptian Red Sea. Are you getting a similar deal for both boats? In March the JP Marine was moored at the old Sheraton Road marina in Hurghada, which I gather is less costly than the new marina. My liveaboard was moored right next to it.

From what I've heard, the JP Marine tends to attract more European divers looking for a no-frills boat, including Russian divers. I once exchanged messages with their reservation service and they were very prompt and professional. The lady that dealt with me made a positive impression. In contrast, the Aggressor boat might attract US divers in greater numbers, as they often prefer an international brand which is well-established in the USA and has many boats in Asia and the Caribbean. I believe the Aggressor may offer 4 dives daily, depending on schedule, etc. I doubt if the JP Marine would (3 is usually the norm in the Red Sea, plus 1-2 night dives).

I'm afraid this is all the "advice" I can offer and I fear it's more speculation and hearsay that actual fact, so please take it with a pinch of salt.

Hope you have a fab trip!
Hi, thanks for the information!

Currently both boats are offering for similar price (the Aggressor is just EUR35 more expensive). I guess they are offering discounts.

Have you been to the southern part or BDE? How was your experience diving in the Red Sea? Any information will be helpful!!

I have been on the aggessor boat 3 times, last time was the southern route and before that 2 times on the northern route (brothers). Great crew. On the northern route you normally only do 4 dives a day. Can’t do a night dive on brothers or Daedalus. Be glad to answer any questions

I have been on the aggessor boat 3 times, last time was the southern route and before that 2 times on the northern route (brothers). Great crew. On the northern route you normally only do 4 dives a day. Can’t do a night dive on brothers or Daedalus. Be glad to answer any questions
How was the experience in brothers and Daedalus? I heard that most of the time will be waiting in the blue for the sharks to show up? Is that true? I would like to see some sharks but also would like to visit some diverse dive site.

Does your southern route include Daedalus and Elphinstone as well? Currently, I am struggling more about the route haha.

Thank you so much!!

The Brothers and Daedalus and Elphinstone are fantastic sites. Most people doing this route in Summer see the creatures you want to see, although dolphins are more often seen snorkelling. We always travel with Emperor, an UK company, and book direct with them. Their staff on the boats are outstanding. If you are on FB or TripAdvisor you will get a bit more information.

The Brothers and Daedalus and Elphinstone are fantastic sites. Most people doing this route in Summer see the creatures you want to see, although dolphins are more often seen snorkelling. We always travel with Emperor, an UK company, and book direct with them. Their staff on the boats are outstanding. If you are on FB or TripAdvisor you will get a bit more information.
That’s great news! What about St John, Rocky Island, Zabargad? Are these sites worth going too?

Rocky island and Zabargad with JP Marine (2023) : very well organized, good crew, nothing to complain about the boat. Diving sites are very nice, but not better than other good sites like Brothers, etc.
Divers coming from Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Spain. Usual language onboard : english.

Rocky island and Zabargad with JP Marine (2023) : very well organized, good crew, nothing to complain about the boat. Diving sites are very nice, but not better than other good sites like Brothers, etc.
Divers coming from Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Spain. Usual language onboard : english.
I really enjoyed being the only boat (7seas) at Rocky island and Zabargad. I would say the sites are almost as good as Brothers / Elphinstone, but the situation is much nicer. Tastes differ of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom