BC's Weekly Dive 12/14, Malibu/ PV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trust me, you'll be stoked if you make this dive.

Billy

We've made this dive at night, but found a lot of sand and some rocks....I'm about 99.9999999999% positive we didn't enter at the correct place, nor did we go in the right direction.

But that's okay, cause we were just looking for rocks that lobsters would hide in or around....and it happens to be the only place we've ever caught a legal one! :dork2:

That sure does suck....hope you feel better soon! I thought I was going to come down with a sinus infection last weekend, but it turned out to be my allergies going crazy, and cleared up in a day and a half....hopefully things will work out similarly for you!

I'd like to join you all on Sunday morning, especially since I can't make it to Wrinkles on Saturday as I had hoped.

I am clueless as to where G-City is exactly - I am pretty sure its off Malibu Rd - but could someone clue me in to where everyone is meeting?

Owen

BTW, what's the dive profile look like? What's the max depth? Is it possible to make two dives on one tank, or is this a one tank dive? Cool with me either way, just curious...

I'd like to join you all on Sunday morning, especially since I can't make it to Wrinkles on Saturday as I had hoped.

I am clueless as to where G-City is exactly - I am pretty sure its off Malibu Rd - but could someone clue me in to where everyone is meeting?

Owen

Thanks to the Scubaboard search function (the internets are amazing like that) - I was able to answer my own stupid question, and I just remembered this is where I made my first SoCal beach dive a little while back. My buddy and I couldn't find G-city, just a bunch of sand and some trash and undersized bugs. Hope for better luck this time.

Nicole - if I am thinking of the right place, it was a gradually sloping descent to about 25 ft or so, but not much deeper (although that may be why I didn't find G-City). Depending on the size of your tank and how long you want to stay out each dive, you could probably do two off of one.

See everyone on Sunday.

I don't think I'm going to make it but if anyone needs directions just shoot me a PM. We try not to broadcast directions to this reef as it's pretty pristine.

Max depth is around 30fsw, so you can get an easy 60min in with a water heater and plenty to spare. It's nice having a ton of air for the swim back too, the more you swim the less you walk.

Billy

Lets Hope for good weather....... I know they are saying its suppose to get nasty for this week

Does anyone have a weather report for Malibu?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom