BC's Weekly Dive 12/14, Malibu/ PV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm for G-City, though I believe the pinnacles are just cruel rumor.

Billy there is no G-city, at lease Robert & I can't find it. :confused:

John

It exists I swear! Greg back me up here bro, tell them it's there, no one ever believes me. No one being John and Robert. Rich I can assure that there's is at least a 48% chance we'll find it.

Billy

Hey Billy, what's with G-city? Is it a supersweet dive site that only a few can find? I'm curious to hear the story, if there is one to tell.

8/8:30 sounds good to me. Swell predictions look good all weekend. Erika have you been to the illusive G-City yet? Greg here is probably one of the best navigators to get you there :) For some reason every time we've gone there we've run right into it.

Billy

Yea i have been there only at night time though....... Found it at the end of he dive..... only got to explore for bout 2 min though......
But no guarantees i can find it
I'm for G-City, though I believe the pinnacles are just cruel rumor.

That's what i'm starting to think.....
It exists I swear! Greg back me up here bro, tell them it's there, no one ever believes me. No one being John and Robert. Rich I can assure that there's is at least a 48% chance we'll find it.

Billy

Hey thats not to bad......

So its Set
Place: G-city
Time: 8:30am

Looking forward to it :) Oh ill have a brother in Tow with me too.....

Billy

I'll back you up B! Yes it does exist and somehow we manage to find it everytime we dive there (maybe 10 times now). I'm not convinced the pinnacle exists though (along with black sea bass, but that's another story). 48% chance is a good bet now since we've probably jinxed ourselves!

This is how I've always found it:

Goto party house and enter
Go out 100 yds or so
Drop down
Due south until approx 26 feet
Break south east @ about 25 degrees
Swim until you think you won't find it (10-15 mins?)
Then it just appears...

8:30 sounds good.
g.

Hey Billy, what's with G-city? Is it a supersweet dive site that only a few can find? I'm curious to hear the story, if there is one to tell.

It's one of my favorite dives in Malibu. It's basically this reef that's littered with gorgonians and completely surrounded by sand. The only way to find it, at least that I know of, is to navigate underwater. Lots of people have missed it and do not believe it's actually there. Some also say that there are 3 pinnacles to the west of it but I haven't seen those. I have seen a massive concrete tube that lies about 200 yards away in 20fsw which is pretty cool.

Billy

I'm gonna see if I can convince Stephen to join. We're going out to Marineland on Saturday, then joining the Wrinkles dive at Vet's afterwards....so if we feel like we haven't deprived the dogs too much, maybe we'll join at G-city as well. I'll keep you posted!

I'm gonna see if I can convince Stephen to join. We're going out to Marineland on Saturday, then joining the Wrinkles dive at Vet's afterwards....so if we feel like we haven't deprived the dogs too much, maybe we'll join at G-city as well. I'll keep you posted!

Trust me, you'll be stoked if you make this dive.

Billy

Back
Top Bottom