BC's Monthly Family Picnic/Dive 5/24/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:confused: will do. also just thought of a problemb. if i do two night dives on thursday. i wont get done till 9 or so and then on fri i volunteer all day. so i will have no time to umm fill tanks on fri. is there a place down there i can get a tank filled or posably borrow a tank?????

I have an extra steel 72 that you can use.Dive n Surf is also less than a 5 minute drive from Veterans.

A extra steel 72??? that would be diffrent? i think i would only do one dive a vets any way since its mostly sand during the day. i would like to try and use it if ya dont mind? i would have to figure out the weight but that would not be a problemb i would just have to drop some :)

A extra steel 72??? that would be diffrent? i think i would only do one dive a vets any way since its mostly sand during the day. i would like to try and use it if ya dont mind? i would have to figure out the weight but that wouldnot be a problemb i would just have to drop some :)

I'll make sure to bring it for you.What do you mean by mostly sand during the day? Do you mean there's not much to see on a day dive there?

Thanks. well ya from my experience unless ya know there is somthing down there that i dont know of??????

Thanks. well ya from my experience unless ya know there is somthing down there that i dont know of??????

Only the secret treasure! But if I showed you where it was then it would'nt be a secret anymore! There is an old pier piling from the original Redondo pier just a little south from Veterans, but I've never bothered to try and find it.

Sounds like we will have a scavanger hunt to try and find somthing :)

Redondo is mostly sand, so it's a little different than many dives. It is more enjoyable at night when critters come out. But one plus is for a beach dive you can easily go deep if you want. It drops to the canyon quickly and you can get to 90+ FSW in the first ten minutes if you want.

I'll probably be there, I'll know for sure in another day. If so I'll be up for doing two dives.

Sounds like we will have a scavanger hunt to try and find somthing :)

There are some concrete blocks with some kind of lines tied to them, another pile of blocks with some old electronic device laying on top, someone left a slate down there and people write there name and the date on it, all kinds of odd things to hunt for. There are fish, small rays and nudis also, just not really any reef structure.

I did a night dive there last week and once down to about 65 FSW the viz opned up to 40 feet, maybe 8 Erikas, not bad for a beach dive!

I can make this dive, I'll be up for two dives. I just got a HP 130 tank for longer shallow dives or more safety cushion on deeper dives, need to break it in.

I'll bring ketchup, mustard, relish, onion and chips.

And I'll also bring hot water, and packets of hot chocolate and cider. It doesn't seem like a big crowd. I have two of those 12 cup thermal carafes. I can fill one with just hot water and the other with coffee if there are coffee drinkers. Any coffee dinkers let me know.

And I was in Cozumel for a week just a few weeks ago, in between the first and second dive they pulled out a cooler with juice, fruit and each day a different kind of nut bread. It was a pleasant in-between dives habit so I'll also bring some kind of nut bread for in-between the 1st and 2nd dives. There may have also been something about the 80' viz and tons of fish that made those dives pleasant, but I can't bring that.

I had not signed up to bring anything yet and since there is only 6 of us so far, I was thinking of bringing cold cuts for sandwiches rather then a gril and hamburgers. Does anyone have any objections to that?

Diverex, I'm hopping your nut bread brings us much vizibility...
For the very least you can tell us how beautiful your trip was and we can all daydream with the nut bread.

Back
Top Bottom