BC Peace to San Miguel Sunday June 7th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1/2 of the Peace boat has become available for a San Miguel trip on Sunday June 7th. This is a limited load trip so everyone on the boat will be comfortable with lots of deck room and bunks.

If you haven't been to San Miguel or know little about it, it's the northernmost island of our Channel Islands. I've been there once and was blown away by the abundance of life and how much different from the more southern islands (Anacappa and Catalina) it was. The fish are huge out there, it's definitely a must dive. If conditions are too rough for San Miguel our fallback island is Santa Rosa which from my experiences is a photographers dream. I'd take ether for the price of the trip.

Destination: San Miguel
Date: Sunday June 7, 2009, Midnight Departure
Boat: Peace out of Ventura Harbor
Cost: $155.00
Link: https://www.peacescubastore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=06/07/09-A

Don't forget to put down that you're with the Beach Crabs in the comments section, now who wants to get wet?

Billy

I would except I'll be out of the country.

I've been to San Miquel one time before, last summer (was that the same trip Billy?) and it's a cool trip. I encourgae those that can make it to give a go.

I just signed up. Only 11 spots left!

Hmmm... I'm diving San Miguel on the Peace on Saturday the 6th... back-to-back trips. Haven't dived there in about 5 years. Lots of cold water critters up in shallows so I'll see and film a lot I don't get to encounter in our toasty waters here off Catalina.

That's the invade catalina weekend! Although I have no idea who's invading right now.

Sooo, how cold does it get at San Miguel?

On my 3 dives last July my computer showed 52 - 54. It wasn't bad, it just seemed like winter diving on Catalina.

Thanks Rex, I'm thinking about going but was not sure how much I wanted to freeze.

thinking about going, but not sure if i want to risk tossing my cookies for a 6 hour boat ride. bonine didn't work for me...if i go i'll try taking one a day before as well.

thinking about going, but not sure if i want to risk tossing my cookies for a 6 hour boat ride. bonine didn't work for me...if i go i'll try taking one a day before as well.

Disney, you should check out the sea sickness patch which people wear. My wife gets extreme motion sickness even in long car rides. She could not take riding in boats in even the slightest swell. She got the motion sickness patch, and all is good now. She also doesn't have the side effects that bonine had given her. The bonine used to totally knock her out. I would highly recommend checking it out. I've seen her now in the toughest swells totally fine. Ask your doctor about it.

Back
Top Bottom