BC Peace to San Miguel Sunday June 7th!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thinking about going, but not sure if i want to risk tossing my cookies for a 6 hour boat ride. bonine didn't work for me...if i go i'll try taking one a day before as well.

I'm on my way back form the outer islands right now(San Miguel yesterday and Santa Rosa today) and it's been smooth as ever. 2 beautiful days and seas as calm as a lake. Yesterday was one of the calmest days I've seen at any island, zero current and almost no surge.

It's a throw of the dice when it comes to ride quality to the outer islands. Last time we went out there with the Peace we made it to the farthest out dive site called Richardson's Reef and it was unbelievable.

Billy

I am driving up that way from Mexico in the next week or so and am thinking about one of the Peace Thursday trips. Do they regularily go out Thursdays or do they get postponed due to lack of people. Also, can someone go just for the ride who doesn't dive? I also have no buddy...anyone interested?

Thanks Rex, I'm thinking about going but was not sure how much I wanted to freeze.

Come on Rich! I'm sure the water will be nice and toasty...:eyebrow:

Come on Rich! I'm sure the water will be nice and toasty...:eyebrow:

I'm trying to talk myself into it but lately I'm not handling the cold well.:cold:

Hey, I forgot to post that I'm signed up for this dive. It has been one of my must-dive spots. I'm soo excited. This will be great.

I might go. I'm just getting back into diving after a long hiatus due to some serious back problems. I'm feeling better, and ready get wet again. Hubby and I are going out to Anacapa on Raptor on Monday, which will be the first time I've been underwater in almost a year (boohoo). Next weekend I'll try to get in a couple of shore dives. I should then be ready for a trip out to San Miguel.

I've tried three different times to get to San Miguel on one boat or another...never made it. We always ended up in Santa Rosa. I would sure love it for this to be the time I actually get there!

-- LeeAnne

Hi LeeAnn,

If your back hurts the Raptor is not the boat to be on, it's a very bumpy ride & there really isn't any place to sit. I'm glad to see you're getting back into diving.

John

Hi John! Thanks for the concern. Actually it was GREAT today - the seas were pretty flat, so even running at full speed, it wasn't too bouncy on the Raptor. We had three great dives! I'm definitely up for trying out for San Miguel again. Today definitely reminded me of how much I love diving.

When I went to fill out my logbook, I realized it wasn't really THAT long since I was diving last. Ice and I did a shore dive in Malibu in October, in which I managed to pick up three bugs. I'd completely forgotten about that.

Anyway, so who all is going? I'd love to join y'all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom