BC or BCD??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania:
Ah ... but no one will match NASDS when the renamed every piece of gear that a diver could carry as part of a "system", just so that their graduates would be unable to communicate with normal divers. Anyone remember what they called a weightbelt?
perhaps a negative-buoyancy-inducing system?

I think all those phony names are ridiculous, just me though.

Yes, a bouyancy compensator (BC) may be a horsecollar, a wing/BP, an integrated vest or back inflate or a Transpac with wing etc. They are all BCs, just different styles and configurations.

DSCF0187.jpg

Diver with UDS system and divers with horsecollar BCs

DSCF0195.jpg

Horsecollar Dacor SeaChute BC

DSCF0274.jpg

BP/wing

N

Quote: CC1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassamania
Ah ... but no one will match NASDS when the renamed every piece of gear that a diver could carry as part of a "system", just so that their graduates would be unable to communicate with normal divers. Anyone remember what they called a weightbelt?

perhaps a negative-buoyancy-inducing system?

Don't you mean: NBiS

-Mark-

TheRedHead:
Isn't that part of the "buoyancy system" a subset of the "total diving system." I was certed through the shop owned by the guy who started NASDS. :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FYI, NASDS was a product of Southern California. Estabished in 1966/67 it was originally named "National Association of Skin Diving Stores," AKA "NASDS" by the late John Gaffney. John never owned or worked in a dive shop.

It is important to preserve history but preserve it correctly.

The "Guy who stated NASDS" was not the shop owner you mention and certainly is not preserving diving history but inventing diving history for his own ego and gain.

sdm

deepstops, R2D2 was there and so was 3Sepoi and that funny critter with the platypus face, you cannot see them?

Well, it is hard to get divers to pose, just out of the scene is a guy with a poodle jacket and another with a wing, it would have been neat to get them all to pose and then would have had a pic with a helmet diver with a UDS/Cousteu system, horsecollar, poodle jacket and wing/BP and no stink'n BC all in one pic--but---if wishes were dollars. It was dangerous in there so I felt much safer behind the glass, mermaids and stuff, gnomes, who knows what lurked out there. N

Back
Top Bottom