BC inflator Valve letting air in during dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justincase

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Scott,
I have a Ranger LTD BC and it has about 5 dives on it. During the dives i did Saturday the Inflator Valve was letting in air the entire dive . It was so bad that every minute i would have to deflate again during the 1st dive. It was so bad i just pulled the HP hose of and manually inflated during the 2nd dive. i pulled the Assemble a part expecting a piece of gravel or dirt or something but it looked spotless. Can I send this back to you to be fixed or looked at because I'm stumped and I went ahead and bought another Valve assembly because I'm going diving again this weekend and can't be without the BC.Can you help ?

Did you buy the BC locally? If so, take it to the shop and ask them to check it out.

If air is constantly entering the bladder, the schraeder valve insert must be bad, which is a very simple fix. On the "back" of the inflator there is a 1/4" allen wrench hole. You just unscrew that insert, pop a new one in, and screw it back down. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to swap it out.

Drop me a PM with your address if you need me to mail you one.

Thanks,

Scott

Did you buy the BC locally? If so, take it to the shop and ask them to check it out.

If air is constantly entering the bladder, the schraeder valve insert must be bad, which is a very simple fix. On the "back" of the inflator there is a 1/4" allen wrench hole. You just unscrew that insert, pop a new one in, and screw it back down. It shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to swap it out.

Drop me a PM with your address if you need me to mail you one.

Thanks,

Scott
Thanks for the quick response !

you have a PM ...

i had the same problem with my scouts inflater apparently a stupid beach sand got in and started inflatin my whole bc slowly . But like scott says just get a allenkey and replace new vavle or see if there is sand in there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom