BC for a beginner???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rent a couple and try them out at a pool and find the one that preforms best for your needs

I am newly certified diver with total 9 dives both fresh and salt water.
I have mask, snorkel, wetsuit and fins.
Now I am thinking to buy some reqs and BCs.

Do you have opinions about Treveler series from halcyon? Personally I like GUE approach on diving, but that is not why i am looking to Halcyon brand.
Reason I looking to halcyon is because the dive store allowing its customer to try before buy.

I am planning to dive regularly every 2 months in the sea and every month in a pool (to keep the skill).

Regards
CJ

I am newly certified diver with total 9 dives both fresh and salt water.
I have mask, snorkel, wetsuit and fins.
Now I am thinking to buy some reqs and BCs.

Do you have opinions about Treveler series from halcyon? Personally I like GUE approach on diving, but that is not why i am looking to Halcyon brand.
Reason I looking to halcyon is because the dive store allowing its customer to try before buy.

I am planning to dive regularly every 2 months in the sea and every month in a pool (to keep the skill).

Regards
CJ

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I can't answer your specific question with any authority, but I can offer some ScubaBoard advice. You are much better off starting a new thread with your question than adding it to the end of an old thread. When a thread appears to have run its course, as this one has, lots of people who can be very helpful to you will stop reading it and miss your question.

Thx Mike...something I've wanted to do for years and just never did, after 10 minutes in a pool I know it's something I need to do, as far as equipment goes, just look'in out there to see what people recommend while doin my own research, not look'in to buy now but I'd rather have my own equipment in the future and maintain it myself

Hi Pyramid 65
I also after many years absent from SCUBA ( at the time no BCD´s just old school ) and many years of snorkeling and spear fishing have taken it up again and am in the process of finishing my advanced course, the BCD´s were new for me and at first had difficulty with bouyancy, I have used atleast 4 diferent BCD´s and there are diferences, as advised don´t rush into buyinging something that just isn´t right for you or doesn´t `` hit the spot´´

Good luck..

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I can't answer your specific question with any authority, but I can offer some ScubaBoard advice. You are much better off starting a new thread with your question than adding it to the end of an old thread. When a thread appears to have run its course, as this one has, lots of people who can be very helpful to you will stop reading it and miss your question.

Hello boulderjohn

Thanks for your input. I will start new thread for my equipment discussion.

Regards
CJ

Back
Top Bottom