BC Dive Knife $4.95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He said so:confused:

Ya I know. And after I got that email I went back to the Scuba Toys forum to quote what was wrote, but apparently it was deleted. I couldn't find the thread anywhere. Not a big deal money wise, but pretty sketchy.

Hey no problem... See we have two sections, sale, and clearance... Joe and I had a bit of a communication problem on where it was going.... That whole too many cooks thing... so if anyone got one without the 10%, just let us know and we'll make it a credit on your account, or run it back on your card.... Your choice.

Fair??

Hey no problem... See we have two sections, sale, and clearance... Joe and I had a bit of a communication problem on where it was going.... That whole too many cooks thing... so if anyone got one without the 10%, just let us know and we'll make it a credit on your account, or run it back on your card.... Your choice.

Fair??

I figured it was just a communication issue. It's not worth getting credit for. I'm sure it wouldn't help much with the drysuit I'll be purchasing from you guys. :shakehead:

I figured it was just a communication issue. It's not worth getting credit for. I'm sure it wouldn't help much with the drysuit I'll be purchasing from you guys. :shakehead:

Of course it will! It will pay for the end of the inflator hose! Almost... Hey, it's $0.49 off that thousand + dollar suit! :D

Of course it will! It will pay for the end of the inflator hose! Almost... Hey, it's $0.49 off that thousand + dollar suit! :D

well, in that case ....

Fair??

This is a big problem of ScubaToys. They know how to shut up the customers' mouth and open their wallet. Any speculation doesn't last long.:lotsalove:

Another scuba charge on my billing statement :wink:

Hey I just received the three knives I ordered from ScubaToys and they look great. First of all, they're not *that* small, they have sufficient heft, and feel solid in my hand. Indeed the knife is full tang (a single piece of steel from blade through the handle) and the serrated edge seems sharp enough.

I read somewhere that the handle can be removed for rinsing, but instructions are not included so before I scratch one of mine I thought I'd ask if anyone here knows how to do this??

Thanks StSumwhere.
for the poster who asked why it matters at that price, it's because I'm sometimes a solo diver and a full tang is the only knife I'll consider and it has to have provision for a lanyard.
I've had several handles eventually part from the blade in the past so I'm not going there anymore.

The hose connection option is handy as I have to rethread my backplate webbing if I want to add one to my harness shoulder straps. Already have a knife and shears on my belt.

Is there provision for hose mounting?

I'll probably add a couple to an order already in motion.

I've seen those knives (actually have one myself) mounted to an inflator hose with zip ties through the two pairs of slots on the sheath. Two each slot would be four zip ties, which shouldn't *all* fail on the same dive, eh? :D

Is there provision for hose mounting?

No hose mounting option but something may be worked out. The sheath is a stiff plastic and the belt loop is a similar plastic strip attached with two screws along the knife's axis line. You may be able to attach another vendor's hose mount via these screws, you just may have to drill a new hole to line up with the sheath's holes.

The hose mount may cost more than the whole knife!

Cheers,
Hector

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom