Bayahibe dive op recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverRtNY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Staying at Dreams La Romana October 31st to November 5th. Been checking out dive ops and trying to figure out what would be in our best interest. I'm advanced cert w/ Nitrox. Other diver is basic open with nitrox but much more experience then myself ( +200 dives).
I have read so far that ScubaFun has been recommended by many on here. One poster mentioned "GliGli" being a good op located within the Dreams resort but when looking up the Dreams Dive Op, I always find CoralPoint being their dive op. Haven't heard anything about them though. Talked with Sharky's but their dates for diving aren't favorable for what we are doing. Any other recommendations or feedback on CoralPoint? We will want to do St. George and Catalina's Wall seems intriguing. We like wrecks and reefs, enjoy diving our tanks, not a cattle cruise ship dive op, a few night dives, and pick ups at the docks (although walking a few minutes down the beach isn't bad either. Sharky's mentioned they would pick us up at docks first day and they hold our gear and we walk to their op and they will return us to dock after last dive).
Thank you for any feedback!!
Dave

Book with ScubaFun...John will treat you like family. My two sons and I have dived with ScubaFun 5 times now and each trip is better than the one before it. I have recommended ScubaFun to other ScubaBoard members and I always get a message after their trip about the great time they had. John has the best boats in the DR and his DM staff are safe and fun. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Oh and John will pick you up at your hotel and drop you off again after your dives.

Thanks for reply. I'm working with Johnny now in putting together a package. Seems highly recommended and I'll be sure to give a report when I return. I'll tell him "Bob" from Toronto says HI

You will not regret your choice. I just returned from a week diving with Johns op and we had a great time! I'll be posting a trip report with a few photos soon. My daughter and her bf each said that my choosing ScubaFun as our shop made the trip!

Safe diving

We used Scuba Fun last year and where very happy with John and the crew! Hope to go back next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom