Bauer Junior II eating belts like crazy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote is on pulley alignment or the belt is too small for the application. We have V belts at work that are running 24-7 on motors up to 10hp and they last for years. Just make sure the belt is the right width and pulley alignment is spot on.

When I replaced my belt it made dust for a dozen hours but not anymore.

Okay, I've finally figured out why my BJ2 is chewing up belts. The pulley on the Honda motor has a US-standard "3V" cross section. It needs to be a DIN-standard "SPZ" cross section to be compatible with the compressor pulley. The belts I've been ordering are DIN standard and they don't sit quite right in the US-standard pulley. The 3V and SPZ pulleys are pretty close in size so I guess someone in the past thought it would work. According to the Bauer documents it should have a 90 mm diameter SPZ pulley. Some dork somewhere in the past swapped out the pulley for the nearest US size. I've ordered the correct pulley and bushing from Mcmaster Carr. Now to figure out how to get it to Fiji.....

Magnificent!
I am so pleased, that you are finally getting this organised
and thanks for getting back with the problem and solution

full.jpg

Wow!
Right now I'm aligning a couple of pulleys, crankcase top and bottom, on a K14 with a SPZ ; Lw 737 belt

Back
Top Bottom