Question Bauer Capitano II 480V 3 Phase to 240V Single Phase Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im not keeping the compressor im going to sell it but i doubt anyone would want it in it's current 480v setup.
If that is the case, what do you want for it as is? That would be a nice size for an engine drive unit. All my current spares are vertical frames, I could use another horizontal.

If that is the case, what do you want for it as is? That would be a nice size for an engine drive unit. All my current spares are vertical frames, I could use another horizontal.
Its in very good condition it only has 34 hours i bought it off the chief engineer on a ship he told me it was their backup compressor. Id want about $3700 OBO.

Its in very good condition it only has 34 hours i bought it off the chief engineer on a ship he told me it was their backup compressor. Id want about $3700 OBO.
Good luck sir.
Hopefully you didn't buy it for anywhere near that.

max would be about $3k once converted to single phase 240v in either fashion, probably $2k without since you can't verify function of the unit and it requires about a grand to get running

max would be about $3k once converted to single phase 240v in either fashion, probably $2k without since you can't verify function of the unit and it requires about a grand to get running
Oh ok then yeah ill try to convert it to 240v

How much do you think its worth?
With 34 hours on a 30 year old machine, I would guess you will need at minimum final stage valves, possibly all the valves and fresh oil. Units that don't run rust a lot.
Plus a motor or VFD, you will have three grand in making it a good running machine.
It being 5hp makes it desirable for the home user, but lacking auto drains and proper filtration drops it a lot. I would guess it is worth around $3-3500 after you have gone through everything.
If you paid about a grand, you got a good deal. Those are great machines and very much worth fixing up for your use. If you paid $2500, you should have asked more questions before you bought it.

With 34 hours on a 30 year old machine, I would guess you will need at minimum final stage valves, possibly all the valves and fresh oil. Units that don't run rust a lot.
Plus a motor or VFD, you will have three grand in making it a good running machine.
It being 5hp makes it desirable for the home user, but lacking auto drains and proper filtration drops it a lot. I would guess it is worth around $3-3500 after you have gone through everything.
If you paid about a grand, you got a good deal. Those are great machines and very much worth fixing up for your use. If you paid $2500, you should have asked more questions before you bought it.
To be fair its a 18 year old machine its a 2003 model it has auto stop and there's no visible rust. The guy i got it from is the chief engineer on the ship this was used on, he told me it was last ran in 2020 to do an air quality test but they hadn't actually used it to fill tanks since 2019 and they last changed the oil and filter in 2018.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom