Bauer Capitano 3 phase to single phase conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, that makes sense. I have 10awg wire on hand for this purpose. I will need to see if my wires will fit in the terminal block that is there and determine if there is enough room or I will need to get my hands on another terminal block before I can make any further progress it seems. If I am going to use the VFD as I should then I will need to eliminate my on/off switch, the contactor, and the overload relay.
you want to eliminate the overload as anything after the VFD can be a problem. Your on/off switch can be wired into the VFD though so it will function as normal. With a motor like this you won't be using any of the fancy functions of the VFD or really any variable speed functions so I would wire the on/off switch into the VFD and then you don't have to touch anything other than on/off.
I would personally set the max rpm to around 50hz/3000rpm to replicate the euro speeds though as that will be fun for the lubrication side and will make it a bit easier on the power bill

you want to eliminate the overload as anything after the VFD can be a problem. Your on/off switch can be wired into the VFD though so it will function as normal. With a motor like this you won't be using any of the fancy functions of the VFD or really any variable speed functions so I would wire the on/off switch into the VFD and then you don't have to touch anything other than on/off.
I would personally set the max rpm to around 50hz/3000rpm to replicate the euro speeds though as that will be fun for the lubrication side and will make it a bit easier on the power bill
Anything to ease the power bill a little is fine by me! I believe I have room on the DIN rail that is already in the cabinet to add some terminal blocks. I assume the ones that I need are the pass through?

Anything to ease the power bill a little is fine by me! I believe I have room on the DIN rail that is already in the cabinet to add some terminal blocks. I assume the ones that I need are the pass through?
yeah, just trying to make the wiring look a bit less ****** vs having wago lever nuts everywhere for splices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom