Battery in OMD EM1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ivakdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just wondering if anyone is running into problems with battery power on these cameras. Do they last a dive or two or do you find you have to swap them out between dives. Does cold water affect their performance?

With the M5, a second dive is nearly impossible. Hoping for better with the D1, but not counting on it.

I had no problem going for 2-3 dives with the E-M1. It depends how much video you shoot. Using your strobes on manual and turning the camera flash power down helps a lot.

For me, the E-M1 it would last about 300 shots with flash in lowest power and no video. Indeed not sufficient. I tried the Prego, a replacement battery but it was even worse. The E-PL3 would last over 400 shots. Second battery is a necessity indeed, although it does not resolve the need of opening the case.

I have the EM5 and get an average of 250 shots before having to replace the battery with no internal flash used (I use 2 X D1 strobes with electronic sync cord) and seldom use video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom