TG 6 battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kerry e

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got a TG 6 package with accompanying battery. It takes hours and hours to charge. Last week I charged it in preparation for this week’s trip. When I arrived it had lost all its charge and again took hours to charge up. Also, the first time I used it a couple of weeks ago, it did not last through two 45 minute dives. I looked up the battery model and it is an all-92B which is supposed to be the higher quality one.
Anyone else have this issue?

Are you charging it in the camera and do you have the camera GPS on?

Just got a TG 6 package with accompanying battery. It takes hours and hours to charge. Last week I charged it in preparation for this week’s trip. When I arrived it had lost all its charge and again took hours to charge up. Also, the first time I used it a couple of weeks ago, it did not last through two 45 minute dives. I looked up the battery model and it is an all-92B which is supposed to be the higher quality one.

the tg-6 battery looses charge if left in the camera

if it lost charge outside the camera, then it is likely a faulty battery

saying it did not last two dives is not enough - you may have had GPS on and been filming in 4k the whole time

You're better off just buying a battery
the wasabi brand is regarded as better than factory supplied batteries:

$10 wasabi batter amazon

the tg-6 battery looses charge if left in the camera

if it lost charge outside the camera, then it is likely a fault battery

saying it did not last two dives is not enough - you may have had GPS on and been filming in 4k the whole time

You're better off just buying a batter
the wasabi branded is regarded as better than factory supplied batteries:

$10 wasabi batter amazon
Thank you!

That is not a normal behavior. Mine charges to a full charge over 2 hours or so and lasts 2-3 dives. Probably would last 4, but I don’t want to take a chance of battery running out in the middle of the dive.
If you shoot continuous video, I suppose running out after 1-2 dives would be about right.

I have a question for those who use external battery charger. - Does it charge faster? Can anyone recommend a brand for the charger that has 2-3 charging slots?
Thanks

External chargers are way better and faster. I have the same issue, charging in-camera took forever. Each charged battery is meant to be able to take 360 stills, so two or three dives depending on what you are shooting.

yes - charging in camera - i didn't know there was another option-
Are you charging it in the camera and do you have the camera GPS on?
that would be great! What do you all recommend? I don't leave the battery in the camera for travel or storage. GPS - is that "log" Don't have that on. Thanks for all the hel[p and advice.

That is not a normal behavior. Mine charges to a full charge over 2 hours or so and lasts 2-3 dives. Probably would last 4, but I don’t want to take a chance of battery running out in the middle of the dive.
If you shoot continuous video, I suppose running out after 1-2 dives would be about right.

I have a question for those who use external battery charger. - Does it charge faster? Can anyone recommend a brand for the charger that has 2-3 charging slots?
Thanks
I"ve had luck with the wasabi batteries for several of my cameras, and typically the bundle price for a batteries plus charger makes it worth getting both. Once thing I've noticed if I leave/store the batteries in chargers, they'll drain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom