TG 6 battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Until now have not heard any other battery is comparable to the Oly brand.
Interested...

I've had a very bad experience with one 3rd party brand (Kastar) of battery and charger for the TG-6. The fully charged "Kastar" battery worked for about 30min then the TG6 went black and wouldn't wake up. Putting the charged Oly battery back in reset everything, but left me skeptical about the quality of the Kastar battery. Then after using it a few times with the OEM battery the Kastar charger went dead. No response from Kastar customer support. I ended up buying 2 Oly batteries and charger ($$) and have had no issues since.
I've found the batteries may last longer, but always change batteries after 2 dives to be safe.

Although I haven't used one with the TG6, I have had good luck with the "Wasabi" brand of batteries and chargers for 2 generations of GoPros.

I just came from A diving trip and had the same problem (The log switch was turned off). I have two batteries dated 2020 and had to switch between them almost every other dive (And I was regretting when I left them for the 3rd dive). I ordered now another couple hope it will last longer (BTW the original have a capacity of 1350 mAh and the newer that I've ordered have 1500 mAh - should the Chineeze promise is true...). I use the original charger and the battery is ready after being charged around 3 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom