Battery Chargers - how do you track / organize them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What Jax really thinks she needs......

172749-outletwall_slide_thumb555.jpg

Whoot! that would work in the workshop, for sure!!!!! :Kissy:

I use a power bar, I also use for some products "universal" chargers, so I can charge the batteries from many devices at once. A large selling point for me with a piece of electronics is using 5V DC to charge. That allows me to use USB to charge that device (possibly with homemade cables) and eliminate the charger all together. Well, if the device has an on-board charge controller.
You could also just buy alkaline AAs when you get to your destination. Alkaline batteries last longer than rechargables (usually), so it can be advantageous.

We take a small power bar to MX. We take two light chargers, two Liquivision chargers, the charger for Peter's camera, power supplies for both computers, and a charger for a Kindle. Things get juggled -- if we have the big condo, we scatter the chargers through the rooms and leave them in place; in a smaller one, we plug and unplug them as the most urgent need arises.

This is great! You have about half my chargers, there! :rofl3:

Oh, that's only a few of my chargers. I was rotating batteries throughout the day. I'm thinking of taking two power strips next time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have so many chargers that look almost identical with different voltages, and sometimes different, sometimes the same connectors, that now they ALL get a quick writing from the marking pen as to what they fit. Makes it much easier to know which one to grab for the item I am interested in charging.

Reactions: Jax
I have so many chargers that look almost identical with different voltages, and sometimes different, sometimes the same connectors, that now they ALL get a quick writing from the marking pen as to what they fit. Makes it much easier to know which one to grab for the item I am interested in charging.

Me, too - I have a label maker so I make sure I'm not putting too much amperage or voltage to a device.

I use one of those three outlet adapters that plugs directly into a wall socket... small siZe, easy to travel with, no extension cord. I rarely need more than three outlets at a time. If the wall outlet is a dual like most, that gives me four anyway.

Me, too - I have a label maker so I make sure I'm not putting too much amperage or voltage to a device.

I've gotten where I but a label on all those "charger bricks" power transformers now.

Seems everything comes with one and you end up with 2-3 of them that you can't figure out. Labeling sure has made it easier when I need them a year later.

Did the same thing with odd USB cables. because there are so many "small ends" of the USB cables now also. Many work for the same device, but some I have are device specific (like the one for Olympus camera's.... I think it's proprietary. having it labeled reducing the cussing later on.)

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom