Battery Chargers - how do you track / organize them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is getting serious . .. I have so many chargers, I'm carrying an extra five pounds!

I have a Monkey charger,
a NiteRider charger,
an 18650 charger (bu light)
AA charger (strobe)
phone charger
computer charger
UW camera charger
above water camera charger . . .

How on earth do you smart folk organize all this shtuff?

If your Monkey is intractable...

• Keep it together: You can store all of your cables and chargers together in a zippered case during travel.
  • Consolidate chargers: For instance, my bluetooth phone headset uses a USB connection for charging (charging cord end is USB and plugs into power adapter). Same can be said for my cell phone. I can use the one tiny charger adapter for both devices. Alternatively, I can choose to charge both devices off of a USB port on my laptop computer (if I'm taking the laptop with me).
  • Standardize battery usage: The camera that I use for UW photography takes rechargeable AA batteries. Some of the external strobes on the market can use the same Eneloop batteries. If this is the case for you, it might be possible to carry one charger to charge up the batteries for both devices.

This is getting serious . .. I have so many chargers, I'm carrying an extra five pounds!

I have a Monkey charger,
a NiteRider charger,
an 18650 charger (bu light)
AA charger (strobe)
phone charger
computer charger
UW camera charger
above water camera charger . . .

How on earth do you smart folk organize all this shtuff?

:headscratch:

KMW50688_1_1.JPG

:lol:

More like
cern-mess-richard-brauer.jpg

Every freakin' one has a small box on the end of a cable. I was SOOOO happy to get my bu lights and strobe on double-As.

easy, just cary a power strip. On most of my dive trips I have a little charging station set up. This was my charging station in Roatan.

IMG_1325.jpg

I charge my phone through my computer so that's one less wall plug needed.

instead of carrying the power strip, lately I've been carrying a 6ft 3-way extension cord.

works great. doesn't take up as much space and I really don't need to plug in 6 things at once.

very similar to this one.

easy, just cary a power strip. On most of my dive trips I have a little charging station set up. This was my charging station in Roatan.

IMG_1325.jpg

I charge my phone through my computer so that's one less wall plug needed.

This is great! You have about half my chargers, there! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom