Barge Expedition on Doubles report:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is not happening with out photos! We need proof of said woman. okay how about a long hose wrapped around her in jeans and a t-shirt? :cool2:

Short story: I had a gal out on my wakeboarding boat. She dons the board and a lifejacket, jumps in the water, then asks if the lifejacket will float her with no problems. I say sure even if you are unconscious. She says lets go and gets up after a few times and does some wakeboarding. Once back on the boat she starts telling us how scary it was and how she hasn't spent much time in the water...then it comes out...she can't swim :shocked2: I never thought to ask if someone could swim or not and could never imagine someone getting in the water and trying a water sport not being able to swim.

Sounds like you need to take your gal to Hawaii or the Caribbean and do some snorkeling and nice easy warm water swims. Slowly prep her for an underwater adventure. Of course you could just take her to Folsom or another local lake once it warms up and swim around until she is comfortable. I suppose pools work, but they are so darn small. I require acres of water if not much more to go swimming.
I was just gonna pick her up and throw her in the pool with Don :D

And no long hose pics yet. I work slowly. Try to go too fast and you just get balked.

LOL, sorry, I was working then trying to catch up.
MikeG: Does a woman want to be called curvy? Depends on the woman. It can be a good thing, unless you want to be built like a boy. I don't have any choice but be curvy, so embrace it, eh?
Peter: I would LOVE to see a woman holding your long hose...doesn't get much more suggestive than that. Scuba freak, lol.
MikeM: I had something really clever about your girlfriend not being able to swim, but thought better of it, I know how painful payback can be so I'll just be nice and hope it works out for you.
Matt: You know me a bit, it takes more than pretty talk to impress me. I like a guy who's relaxed, confident, outdoorsy and funny. Lines may have worked in the 70's, they don't really work on today's woman.

Your wife :D

Casey,

You asked for it, and boy did Miller let you have it.... :D

Kristina, your responses are hilarious, thanks.... :wink:

I think Peter is measuring his long hose making sure he has 7ft and not the 5ft one that he has been using... He probably would hate to bring the wrong hose to the next MAG...

Kristina, can you imagine that, all the boys whip out their 7ft hoses and then Peter pulls out his and the girls go, where is the rest of it.... :rofl3:

Kristina, take a look at this small clip of when a 7ft hose gets used by the girl diver, she is left speechless from the effect, longer is better my friend... :) The male diver is excited at the end that his hose did the job, she is still bedazzled...

Yeah well here is proof that a very cute French woman held my long hose tonight. She wasn't quite sure why, but enjoyed it all the same. She is not certified and does not know what a long hose even signifies.

On another note we are packed, boat is out front and loaded, ready to head out camping tomorrow morning for a weekend of diving :D Have fun you land lubbers :mooner:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Adeline with my long hose.jpg
    Adeline with my long hose.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 73
Peter,

You are absolutely hilarious, LOL I fell out of bed after I saw this picture.... What you won't do to get your point across.... :crafty:

I stand corrected, that is definitely a 7ft hose and the picture says it all, "Peter has been here no mistaken that, it's a 7ft hose with DIN regulator"

I'm impressed... I don't know if I like the girl or the regulator more... :D

Yeah well here is proof that a very cute French woman held my long hose tonight. She wasn't quite sure why, but enjoyed it all the same. She is not certified and does not know what a long hose even signifies.

On another note we are packed, boat is out front and loaded, ready to head out camping tomorrow morning for a weekend of diving :D Have fun you land lubbers :mooner:
attachment.php

After diving at Wahrf #2 in the morning for the clean-up dive and looking for the "pipe bomb" (See thread "Recognize this") off the middle of San Carlos Beach before heading out to the metridium, Fofo and I still had some energy. Since I had a couple of new backup lights I wanted to try out, we decided to do a night dive out to the barge after dinner as neither of us had done so before, and I wanted to check and if necessary replace the bottle buoy at the outer sandscrew. We got in around 9:15 and the swell was definitely getting up compared to daytime. My lights worked really well, and with an assist from the excellent vis. it was possible to illuminate the numerous squid egg clusters out to 30 or 35 feet from us. The bottle buoy at the outer sandscrrew is still in place, so it wasn't necessary to install the replacement I was carrying. It looked sort of like a Chia Pet, as it had grown long individual white 'hairs' sticking out on each side, very different from the encrustation of the bottle at the inner sandscrew (see photo upthread). But it's only been out there about two months.

We were hoping to see some different fish or slugs at the barge compared to daytime, but it was just the usual suspects so we headed back in after a single, slow circuit, then came in along the wall and surfaced around the '8' mark.

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom