Bare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am liking the Bare suit as an option. I have also found what seem like a good dealer. Free thermals, Custom fit, Bare D6 Pro Dry Drysuits. Everybody seems to be posting good things. I am just curious does anybody have anything negative to say? How about any horror stories. I just like to get both sides of the spectrum. I like the lifetime warranty on the seams and workmanship.

I dive Bare Trilam, very satisfied. The only downsides I have found in it are: the outer layer does not stand well against zebra muscles cuts and as it's a kind of waved nylon when you have a cut the threads will be sticking out and you better fix them with some kind of glue. Another thing is that the exhaust valve is located to much to the inside of the arm so you need to roll more when you went it from the horizontal trim. Others have it more to the outside.

I would discourage you to go with D6. D6 is made of 7mil neoprene which is compressible. This means you will be loosing buoyancy at depth. So you will need to put more weight just to sink the dry suit and at depth you will be overweight.

Go with either XCD2 which is crushed neoprene or Trilam HD. If you are trying to save some money go with Next Gen. It's a cheaper simpler dry suit but it is nice.
The above is just my observation and is nowhere near should be treated as the last resort.

I love my Bare 7mm drysuit. The negs of neoprene for a drysuit have been raised - I'm not convinced the extra weight issue is significant, or even exists. The plusses are less undergarments needed (meaning less airspace = less weight needed) and also it gives a bit - very comfy. The shell suits just felt like a platic bag. Try both - it's a matter of personal preference. I think the less undergarment thing balances out the weight issue. It also seems that since it gives it has a snugger fit than those I see diving tri-lam. At 27 pounds, I see alot of divers with tri-lams with the same or more weight.

Try both. Your question was does Bare make a quality drysuit, and I think based on all these posts the answer is a definite YES. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom