Bare Drysuit Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got my eye on a Bare XCS2 Tech drysuit and I'm torn between what they call "4mm compressed neoprene boots" and "compression resistant soft boots". I have rock style overboots already. Are the soft boots just socks to be used with overboots? If not, why would anyone want a soft boots with a drysuit. To me that doesn't sound rugged and durable enough if it's like a warm water boot attached to the suit.

For anyone who has a suit with the 4mm non soft boots, can you tell me how they are size in your experience? All drysuit boots seem to be oversized to accommodate thick socks. Are they true to fit? If I wear a size 9 hiking boot, is a size 9 Bare drysuit boot appropriate (with socks)? Also, can you speak to the width on these drysuit boots? I typically wear a size 8 1/2 to 9 EE-EEE so I have fairly wide squarish feet. So if the boots aren't generous on the width or have a narrow "toe box" I'm screwed.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rob

I've got my eye on a Bare XCS2 Tech drysuit and I'm torn between what they call "4mm compressed neoprene boots" and "compression resistant soft boots". I have rock style overboots already. Are the soft boots just socks to be used with overboots? If not, why would anyone want a soft boots with a drysuit. To me that doesn't sound rugged and durable enough if it's like a warm water boot attached to the suit.

For anyone who has a suit with the 4mm non soft boots, can you tell me how they are size in your experience? All drysuit boots seem to be oversized to accommodate thick socks. Are they true to fit? If I wear a size 9 hiking boot, is a size 9 Bare drysuit boot appropriate (with socks)? Also, can you speak to the width on these drysuit boots? I typically wear a size 8 1/2 to 9 EE-EEE so I have fairly wide squarish feet. So if the boots aren't generous on the width or have a narrow "toe box" I'm screwed.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rob
I have a Bare Sentry Tech Dry and got the built in boots instead of the socks. They are great, but sizing is a bit on the large size. I wear Fourth Element socks on top of smart wool socks to fill up the space. I certainly have warm feet!

Note; I looked into going one size smaller and it was just a hair too small. Wish they had half sizes.

I'm getting sized for a Sentry Tech Dry and prefer the soft boot for Puget Sound shore diving. We have ruff rocky shores with plenty of sharp barnacles and shells. It makes sense to have a more robust rock boot for Western Washington Puget Sound shore diving.

@Synapticleft Interested in your opinion of the Sentry Tech Dry.

Regards

I'm getting sized for a Sentry Tech Dry and prefer the soft boot for Puget Sound shore diving. We have ruff rocky shores with plenty of sharp barnacles and shells. It makes sense to have a more robust rock boot for Western Washington Puget Sound shore diving.

@Synapticleft Interested in your opinion of the Sentry Tech Dry.

Regards
I love the Sentry Tech Dry, it's been a great suit so far (about 30 dives in it). The integrated boots have been great. I dove Sund Rock last weekend, 46F water and kept dry and fairly warm, though I am upgrading my undergarment, gloves and hood (I went inexpensive on these areas, spent my money on the drysuit). Note: I went with latex wrist seals but a neoprene neck seal (for comfort).

Reactions: GRH
I love the Sentry Tech Dry, it's been a great suit so far (about 30 dives in it). The integrated boots have been great. I dove Sund Rock last weekend, 46F water and kept dry and fairly warm, though I am upgrading my undergarment, gloves and hood (I went inexpensive on these areas, spent my money on the drysuit). Note: I went with latex wrist seals but a neoprene neck seal (for comfort).
Hi SynapticL, how's that neoprene neck seal working out for you? Have you ever owned a Si or latex neck seal for comparison? Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom